CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Sr. Product DesignerLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 171569BR Apply Now
Business Unit Overview
We are CNN. THE WORLD’S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
The CNN Digital Product Design team is changing the way journalists tell stories and connects hundreds of millions of people to the news and information they care about most across the entire ecosystem of consumers' digital devices.
As a senior member of the product design team, you'll focus on our digital core news product, including all aspects of CNN.com on mobile, tablet and desktop platforms.
- You'll drive design from early-stage feature discovery through usability testing, final delivery, and launch.
- You'll work in a collaborative, cross-functional environment with product management, engineering, editorial, and research teams to create intuitive, feature-rich experiences for our audiences.
- Comfort with an agile, sprint-based workflow and a passion working with product teams to develop use-cases and high-level requirements will be required.
- Utilize user-centered research methodologies to define and visualize product-related hypotheses and recommendations
- Facilitate workshops, elicit ideas, build shared understanding, and help develop use cases and high-level requirements
- Create storyboards, user flows, and wireframes to effectively conceptualize and thoroughly communicate detailed user behaviors.
- Conduct light usability research and synthesize feedback into iterative design enhancements.
- Prototype design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements.
- Deliver meticulous, high-fidelity design deliverables to development teams and work within and contribute to a component-based visual design system.
- 7+ years experience as a user-experience designer in an Agile-driven product environment.
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
- A portfolio demonstrating strong visual and UX design solutions to real-world business cases.
- Mastery of best-practices for user experience design, including usability principles, testing techniques, visual design principles and interaction design.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to breakdown complex problems and clearly communicate with diverse, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to work proactively and efficiently in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Proficiency in a variety of digital product design/prototyping tools, including Sketch, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, Abstract and Principle.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS