Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Sr Operations ManagerLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 169484BR Apply Now
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
NBA Digital -This Is Why We Play! NBA Digital is where sports and technology fuse to deliver the best game experience anywhere, anytime. From the casual fan to the die-hards, there's nothing between you and the game. Be part of a team whose passion and commitment for sports is reflected in our products.
The Operations Manager, NBAD Premium video role focuses on NBA Digital premium video offerings. This includes League Pass, VR, Fantasy and any future offerings. The person in this role has responsibility for video availability, video quality and access to premium NBAD video content across all platforms including Web, Mobile App, Connected Devices and VR Devices.
The person in this role will work closely with project teams during the SDLC to ensure that operational goals are identified and met in the transition from launch to production. This includes triaging production issues using knowledge of product requirements and platform capabilities. Further, this includes monitoring video performance via production tools like Conviva, New Relic etc. to identify potential and trending user issues and working with engineering teams toward resolution.
The person in this role will need to use different techniques to troubleshoot issues and maintain communication with the larger Operations team. Strong communication skills are important in this position to work well with the larger team and facilitate updates and resolution. They may assist with compatibility issues, and conduct research to improve customer satisfaction. Multitasking skills are important in this position to prioritize activities depending on importance, and they typically work in a fast-paced environment and must pay close attention to detail to minimize incidents.
- Review project plans and supplement as necessary, with a keen eye towards technical dependencies and launch dates
- Advocate for operational needs during sprint planning while using tools like JIRA and Confluence for ticket and requirements management, respectively
- Perform operational tasks necessary for product launch and tent-pole events, examples include managing SKU updates across app stores and web while executing price change and 'free-preview' promotion periods to ensure high-quality consumer experiences
- Monitor video performance via production tools like Conviva, New Relic etc. to identify potential and trending user issues and working with Technical Product Management or Engineering teams toward resolution
- Provide timely and regular communications to stakeholders that summarize product health and performance
- Identify risks and apply appropriate mitigation strategies
- Operations Management experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of SDLC methodologies; Strong knowledge of digital media and video delivered via IP
- Experience using JIRA, Confluence or any ticketing system
- Knowledge of Internet Architecture / User Interface for Web and Apps
- Experience working with video profiles and/or video protocols
- Experience with encoding profiles
- Strong communication skills; Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong project management and organizational capabilities
- Ability to analyze business requirements to develop and deliver post implementation operational plans
- Ability to work under product launch deadlines; Ability to meet and contribute to organizational goals
- Experience working with internal and external teams
- Excellent inter-personal skills with a strong desire to partner and collaborate
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-houselearning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS