Turner Sports leads the industry in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. With innovative digital strategies and go-big partnerships, the division delivers the brands and names, teams and games that fans crave. The properties that make up Turner Sports are highly competitive, top-rated and critically acclaimed – and so are the people who work here.
Sr Operations Manager (NBA Team Sites)Location Atlanta, United States Job ID 165362BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
Develop, manage and own the pipeline of projects from inception to successful deployment across internal and external departments. Drive the creation of requirements/documentation to be used in estimating, technical development, quality control, and communication to our NBA partners. Create project plans/roadmaps that support the strategic objectives of the NBA and NBA Digital.
What will you be doing?
- Develop and implement product practices and tools to give management visibility to the overall product roadmap. This includes creating detailed project status reports that reflect project risks, mitigation strategies, and performance on success metrics.
- Act as a Relationship Manager to continuously evolve and manage our relationship with our NBA partners. Operate as the day-to-day contact for communication between various internal teams -- the NBA, NBA Teams, and NBA Digital. This candidate may partner with other department heads to meet any requests, or address concerns of the client.
- Perform duties as an NBAD agent to ensure the teams are complying with the scope of the agreements between NBA Digital, NBA, partners and vendors. Examples would include Accessibility compliance, Ad inner and outer market rules, and general web legal requirements.
- Work directly with senior management to maintain and expand relationships with outside vendors, corporate partners, and prospective clients: This involves managing resources and the scope needed for development work; and prioritizing the development requests from various partners.
- Act as lead to resolve various data report and analysis requests from the teams. This would include setting up Omniture and Adobe Analytics new accounts, fielding and responding to analytics report requests from the teams and working with the NBA Digital analytics to resolve other data issues.
- 3+ years prior project management experience
- Demonstrated success in leading the delivery of product features through solid project management
- Ability to analyze business proposals and scope out projects
- Proven Ability to work under deadlines in website-related projects and meeting organizational goals
- Solid project communication skills with ability to translate complex concepts between business customers and technical project team
- Ability to multi-task, manage priorities and mentor/direct others
- Must have strong teamwork skills
- 3+ years' experience directly managing a staff
- Background in Sports related content management systems and/or mobile products
- Knowledge of NBA Digital (NBA, NBA.com, League Pass, etc.)
- Knowledge of internet architecture / user interface / web design
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS