Turner Sports leads the industry in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. With innovative digital strategies and go-big partnerships, the division delivers the brands and names, teams and games that fans crave. The properties that make up Turner Sports are highly competitive, top-rated and critically acclaimed – and so are the people who work here.
SR Operations Manager, NBA DigitalLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 158625BR Apply Now
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
The SR Operations Manager will report to the Director of Operations, NBA Digital. He/She will manage a variety of strategic and tactical projects initiated by NBA Digital and the NBA League. Additional major responsibilities of this role are program management for the NBA's major tentpoles: Season Start, All-Star Weekend, Playoffs/The Finals, NBA Draft, and Summer League; across the NBA Digital product suite. These projects usually include large-scale new technology, processes, or user interface (UI) design enhancements that involve task-level direction to technical significant risk due to timelines, resource scarcity, ambiguity, financial constraint, cross-functional team alignment, etc. This position stands in for the Director of Operations when necessary, assists with providing project resources, as well as supervising other project management staff in their day-to-day work.
What will you be doing?
- Providing daily operational support for NBA.com responsive Web platform, assesses production-related issues to ensure they are directed to the appropriate team for problem resolution, and evaluates and drives project- and operations-related process improvement
- Manage workflow between internal departments, shared technology groups and dedicated corporate resources to drive successful project outcomes for large initiatives and NBA tentpoles
- Create program plans, align (and in some cases develop) pre and post-launch schedules (and timelines) for digital platform enhancements that include (not limited to) product and/or tool modifications for advertising (ad)-based and subscription products; creative developments; the Drupal content management system; application development tools; structured data tools, etc.
- Develop and implement processes and tools to give management visibility to project status at any given time, including: creating detailed program or project-level status reports that reflect project risks, mitigation strategies, operational readiness, and performance on success metrics
- Summarize and report on the status of projects, both quantitatively and qualitatively required both from a macro/aggregated perspective and an individual task-level perspective
- Because juggling client, internal, and allocated resources is a challenge, this person will need to have a good grasp of the areas to avoid any gaps or confusion thus making this task more complex.
- This person demonstrates proficiency with various project management tools and produces above average project management-related deliverables
- Build effective, productive working relationships with NBAD product managers to operationalize and execute the NBA Digital product roadmap; this involves working closely with sr. product managers to gain a better understanding of requirements early in the process and ensure all factors/areas are covered
- Act as a communication conduit and organizational guide between internal teams (technology, product, content, design, etc.)
- Partner with department leads to make sure the team is complying with the scope of the project agreements between NBA Digital, NBA League, its partners and vendors
- Provide daily operational support for NBA.com responsive Web platform (in addition to mobile-app and connected device platforms as needed)
- Assess production-related issues to ensure they are directed to the appropriate team for problem resolution
- Evaluate and drive project and operations related quality and process improvement
- 3-5 years program management experience
- 5-7 years prior project management experience
- 3-5 years experience directly managing a staff
- Agile application development and project framework and methodology
- Ability to analyze business proposals and product concept documents to scope out projects
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines on digital technology-related projects and meet organizational goals for delivery
- Ability to navigate and work effectively within a complex environment; within various levels of ambiguity
- Background in sports-related websites, mobile-app and connected device products
- Familiarity with NBA Digital products like NBA App and NBA.com
- Knowledge of Internet architecture / user interface (UI) design / Web development /mobile-app development/ structured data
- Consulting background
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.