Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Boomerang deliver original, acquired and classic animated and live action entertainment. With digital and gaming businesses, in-house animation production facilities, and studios on both coasts, the division is both grassroots and cutting edge. The combination draws talented people to our doors and audiences to our channels. Check it.
Sr. Motion Designer-SportsLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 172573BR Apply Now
Business Unit Overview
WarnerMedia/Turner Studios is an in-house creative production organization within WarnerMedia designed to support nearly every aspect of the fan experience on behalf of all of our brands. Our teams of artists and craftspeople work closely to produce a huge variety of content and fan experiences each year, primarily from our 300,000-square-foot facility in midtown Atlanta. Who are we? What do we do? What does campus look like? Join us on this virtual tour: vimeo.com/tsatl/tour and get a sneak peak of the type of award-winning services this team is able to crank out: https://vimeo.com/tsatl/capabilities.
Sports fanatic + Motion Graphic Expert = Our next Senior Motion Designer
You live and breathe all things sports, it's constantly on at your house and you can recite player stats like it's your own personal information. Along with your passion for sports, you're a trailblazer and creative collaborator in the motion design world. When you turn on the TV, you always have your eye on the graphics and find yourself thinking "I could do better." Well, let's do it then.
We're looking for a senior level Motion Designer to support properties such as NBA on TNT, UEFA, ELEAGUE, NCAA March Madness and more.
You'll be responsible for creating motion design and animation for promos, packaging and other on-air/digital assets. You'll be independently conceiving, designing and executing within multiple brands, as well as working off creative briefs and/or style frames provided by others under tight deadlines. Keep in mind, we're an incredibly collaborative bunch, so you’ll get the chance to jive with our team of video editors, producers and other designers.
The position requires quick design and execution within professional broadcast standards. Advanced knowledge of After Effects and the Adobe suite is required and experience with Nuke, Cinema 4D, Resolve and other design and compositing tools is a plus.
Here's an idea of the quality level and type of work this role would be working on: https://vimeo.com/374764396/9542585c14
- Act as a trusted contributor to our Sports partners throughout the entire project lifecycle - from ideation and production, through final delivery
- Articulate concepts visually with multiple options and personal perspective
- Take an active role in interpreting the creative brief
- Show originality by providing unique motion solutions to solve problems with stylistic variety
- Demonstrate risk taking, innovation and pushing skills by always looking for creative opportunities
- Work independently to achieve objectives and design components of projects
- Actively participate in brainstorm sessions and support creative teams as needed
- Work effectively with Creative Directors, Art Directors, and Producers
The stories we tell aren't always told during bankers' hours, or in a 40-hour work week - you've got to be all in! Keep in mind, though, work/life balance is incredibly important to our teams, plus we're a flexible bunch.
Who You Are
- MUST PROVIDE A DEMO REEL/ONLINE PORTFOLIO/WORK SAMPLES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE ROLE.
- Please include a link on your resume when applying.
- *Tip*-worked on anything in the sports realm? Include it! Any promos, sizzles, short form, etc., for big entertainment brands scripted or unscripted? Let's check it out! Showcase your TOP pieces that help show us why YOU would be the best creative for this role.
- You have 3+ years in a related field with at least two years of relevant experience in a collaborative, high performing team environment
- You're an expert in the Adobe Suite, particularly After Effects. It's a plus if you have Cinema 4D/Nuke experience!
- You have a strong command of motion, composition, color theory, and design thinking
- You're a pro at motion and graphic design skills including logo, typography, and graphic communication
- You have the ability to develop and articulate a design concept and demonstrate creative thinking with a clear design process
- You understand motion vocabulary and motion design from concept development to storyboarding and have a foundational knowledge of motion techniques, animation, and filmmaking
- You're knowledgeable about cameras and cinematography and know how to work with getting different file formats received and/or delivered back to edit
- You take a creative leadership approach delivering high quality results even when the stakes are high
- You knock it out of the park when it comes to clear, concise communication skills whether its written or verbal and can tailor and present your ideas to a wide variety of audiences
- You’re an expert multi-tasker who can shift between concurrent assignments, prioritize effectively, and adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles under pressure
- You’re cool as a cucumber, with a positive can-do attitude, and are ready to roll up your sleeves when demand is high
- You have a general understanding of the entertainment and sports broadcast industry
Bottom line: this is an opportunity to support a world-class, award-winning team; your chance to craft the look and feel of broadcast and digital content. If that sounds about right, apply now
- Full-time position (40+ hours/week)
- Eligible for full benefits package (medical, vision, dental) + retirement benefits (401k matching!)
- Fantastic paid time off package (includes vacation, sick and personal days, plus holidays)
- Competitive compensation package
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers AND Dads
- An industry leading in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Working for incredible WarnerMedia brands like HBO, CNN, WB, TBS, TNT, Turner Sports, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and more!
The WarnerMedia Story
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, Turner Sports, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS