Cartoon Network, Adult Swim and Boomerang deliver original, acquired and classic animated and live action entertainment. With digital and gaming businesses, in-house animation production facilities, and studios on both coasts, the division is both grassroots and cutting edge. The combination draws talented people to our doors and audiences to our channels. Check it.
Sr. Motion Designer - SportsLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 172580BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
WE ARE TURNER STUDIOS, an in-house creative organization designed to support Turner's brands: from TBS to TNT, Adult Swim to Turner Sports, and everything in between. For more on who we are and what we do, check out this virtual tour: https://f.io/0yGMF6iF
We are offering a full-time opportunity to an enthusiastic, motivated and ambitious Senior Motion Designer to be an integral part of the Design/VFX Team, in support of our Turner Sports partners.
The Senior Motion Designer is responsible for creating motion design and animation for promos, packaging and other on-air/digital assets. You'll be independently conceiving, designing and executing within multiple brands as well as work off creative briefs and/or style frames provided by others under tight deadlines.
The ability to collaborate with a team of video editors, producers and other designers is essential, as is the ability to work without supervision. You'll be working with properties such as NBA, UEFA, ELEAGUE, NCAA March Madness just about every day!
The position requires quick design and execution within professional broadcast standards. Advanced knowledge of After Effects and the Adobe suite is required and experience with Nuke, Cinema 4D, Resolve and other design and compositing tools is a plus. Interested? Read on…
- Act as a trusted contributor to our Sports partners throughout the entire project lifecycle - ideation and production through final delivery
- Articulate concepts visually with multiple options and personal perspective
- Take an active role in interpreting the creative brief
- Show originality by providing unique motion solutions to solve problems with stylistic variety
- Demonstrate risk taking, innovation and pushing skills by always looking for creative opportunities
- Work independently to achieve objectives and design components of projects
- Actively participate in brainstorm sessions and support creative teams as needed
- Work effectively with Creative Directors, Art Directors, and Producers
- Manage personal and project time frames and complete assigned tasks on schedule
- The stories we tell aren't always told during bankers' hours, or a 40-hour work week - you've got to be all in!
- MUST PROVIDE A DEMO REEL/ONLINE PORTFOLIO TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE ROLE
- Five + years relevant experience in fast-paced environment
- Expert Adobe Suite skills, particularly After Effects
- C4D/Nuke proficiency a plus
- Strong command of motion, composition, color theory, and design thinking
- Proficient motion and graphic design skills including logo, typography, and graphic communication
- Ability to develop and articulate a design concept and demonstrate creative thinking with a clear design process
- Understanding of motion vocabulary and motion design from concept development to storyboarding
- Foundational knowledge of motion techniques, animation, and filmmaking
- Knowledge of file formats received and/or delivered back to edit
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude with a passion and drive for excellence
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, high performing team environment
- Awareness of the entertainment and sports broadcast industry
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed Bottom line: this is an opportunity to support a world-class, award-winning team; your chance to craft the look and feel of broadcast and digital content. If that sounds about right, apply now
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS