Turner Sports leads the industry in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. With innovative digital strategies and go-big partnerships, the division delivers the brands and names, teams and games that fans crave. The properties that make up Turner Sports are highly competitive, top-rated and critically acclaimed – and so are the people who work here.
Sr Manager, Mobile Apps Project Management & Operations - NBA DigitalLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 166240BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, tbs, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
This Is Why We Play! NBA Digital is where sports and technology fuse to deliver the best game experience anywhere, anytime. From the casual fan to the die-hards, there's nothing between you and the game. Be part of a team whose passion and commitment for sports is reflected in our products.
The Sr. Operations Manager, Mobile, is responsible for the holistic performance of NBA content and the user experience across iOS and Android hand-held devices. This person will work closely with project teams throughout the SDLC to ensure quality assurance and operational goals are identified and met while maintaining ownership of in-market apps. The in-market ownership of mobile applications includes triaging production issues using knowledge of feeds and services as well as monitoring performance via tools to identify trending user issues before working with engineering teams toward resolution.
The Day to Day
- Inform and influence the SDLC at key points to ensure operational requirements are described and delivered.
- Create operational plans as input into business and technical requirements to maximize in-market operational efficiency.
- Partner with QA and review test plans and strategies to verify testing simulates production environments for accurate validation.
- Review project plans and supplement as necessary, with a keen eye towards technical dependencies and launch dates.
- Advocate for operational tickets during sprint planning.
- Assist with vendor management.
- Communicate platform-wide status reports across in-flight projects and in-market apps.
- Identify risks and apply appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Provide timely and regular communications to stakeholders that summarize platform health and performance while detailing next steps and roadmap updates (including OS updates).
- Own and triage suspected production issues.
- Verify Drupal publishing, feeds, and services while employing tools like Charles to identify root cause prior to engaging engineering for resolution.
- Provide status updates to stakeholders, advocate on behalf of mobile users through appropriate prioritization, and push for resolution.
- Update configuration files and publish to maintain appropriate app state throughout the NBA season.
- Regularly review performance and audience tools to identify negative trends that are impacting the mobile experience.
- 3+ years mobile app experience
- 5+ years project/ops mgmt
- Knowledge of Mobile Architecture / User Interface / Web Design
- Experience with Media in a Subscription or Ad Supported Business preferred
- Background in Sports-related mobile products a plus
- Knowledge of NBA Digital (NBA and NBA.com) a plus
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-houselearning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS