Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Sr. Director, Operations- NBA DigitalLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 159335BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
The Sr. Director of Operations, NBA Digital (NBAD), oversees program management and operations for the entire NBAD suite of products and experiences, including, but not limited to, NBA.com, NBA apps, NBA Teamsites, NBA LEAGUE PASS, TNT OVERTIME. This includes responsibilty and oversight for ensuring that all technical / site operational tasks, product enhancements and improvements, sponsorship and sales asset development and deployment, and event coverage is executed successfully and on budget. As a member of the NBAD management team, the Sr. Director, Operations assists in formulating and executing against the strategic initiatives for the business unit and helps inform strategic direction, with primary focus on process improvement.
What will you be doing?
- Oversee all live event logistics and monitoring, including the development of extensive QA test plans, working closely with the product management and development teams, technology, sales, marketing and other production and creative resources.
- This role also coordinates closely with internal shared resource teams (data, web development, core video, infrastructure, quality assurance, research, etc.) as well as any third-party resources.
- Work closely with the technical team (MSS), serving as a primary liaison to the web development and sports data leads, project managers and technical, production, editorial, and creative resources.
- Manage external vendor relationships, including live video production and other technology companies.
- Lead day-to-day operations team, overseeing project management and development for the NBAD business. This includes oversight of project lifecycle - setting team expectations, running status meetings, managing deliverables, owning the project roadmap, as well as ongoing progress review and project closeout.
- Coordinate workflow and communication with team leaders from the NBAD product management, technology and sponsorship teams, as well as Turner's centralized MSS (Media Software Services) group, specifically, the following teams/departments in MSS: core video technology, infrastructure, architecture, web development, sports data, project management and quality assurance.
- Quantify, assess and communicate status, QA and test plans, ensuring senior stakeholders are aware of major issues and risk mitigation plans at any given time.
- Manage live event operations during testing, rehearsal and live phases for NBA tentpole events and games.
- Specific tasks include game management, status updates, and coordination with product, data, video and technology teams as well as oversight of customer support program for NBA LEAGUE PASS. Oversight and management of third-party vendor relationships related to the delivery and execution of product features and/or operational support for the NBAD product suite.
- 8+ years of project management experience for large web-based projects; Coordination and leadership of project management, technical, creative, production and business function resources.
- 4+ years of management of a portfolio of projects, and track record of success and communication in a multi-project / program environment.
- Minimum 3 years of management experience and success in administrative management of technical and project management resources.
- Proficient in using various project management tools (e.g., Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint or Visio).
- Background with sports-related websites and mobile products
- Understanding of internet and mobile/connected app design, user experience and Internet/ mobile / connected app architecture
But wait, there’s more!
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.