Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Sr Business Analyst (Product Owner) - Audience MonetizationLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 171914BR Apply Now
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
The Team Audience Monetization Solutions fuels over $4 billion in WarnerMedia Ad Sales using custom built and vendor supported technology platforms, across TV and Digital. This is an exciting time to be in the media industry as consumers accelerate the anywhere, anytime content distribution model. Our technology roadmap keeps us ahead of the curve as we find new ways to target audiences and monetize our content. WarnerMedia is leading the way and you get to be a part of this fast-paced dynamic environment.
You will be the Lead Business Analyst and Product Owner of the Inventory-Yield Management applications where you will manage multiple backlogs, project initiatives, and perform business analysis to determine the best solutions for our clients, Ad Sales. You will define the detailed roadmap and implementation plan for new initiatives such as cross-platform and addressable. We operate a highly-integrated platform that requires tightly coordinated feature delivery. You will facilitate the dialog with our clients on how to support new business capabilities, translate those needs into a prioritized backlog of user stories, and be responsible for on time delivery by leading a development team through Agile iterations and capability launches.
- Facilitate discussions with users and executive stakeholders to identify product needs that align with the product roadmap.
- Work with a development team to translate those needs into clear problem solution statements in the form of user stories and designed user experiences.
- Present features to clients across all businesses to collect feedback and create consensus for a unified solution.
- Gain and leverage ad sales expertise to be able to identify unrecognized needs and assist clients in determining if the solution requires a product enhancement, process change, or both.
- Ensure product solutions align with technology roadmap and department goals.
- Manage backlog prioritization of user stories based on business needs.
- Facilitate backlog grooming, domain walkthrough, retrospective, and daily standup to guide the technical team through delivery of their sprint commitments.
- Create diagrams for business processes, data flows, and application workflows.
- Communicate meaningfully with developers who are building systems in a variety of technologies.
- Coordinate with testers and developers to analyze and validate data conversions.
- Own the creation of UAT materials, Release Notes, FAQ documents, and functional system documentation (in wiki format) for your products.
- Provide project status and issue updates as needed to leadership, executive stakeholders, and user groups.
- Work with Product and Technical Management to ensure the project scope is completed on time and on budget.
- Facilitate meetings across teams using agendas, minutes, and follow-up communication to ensure execution of action items.
- Provide mentoring and task direction to other Business Analysts and assist with problem resolution across projects.
- Respond quickly and efficiently to escalated support issues with troubleshooting, prioritization, and client updates.
- Identify training needs, process issues, and system problem trends and proactively seek improvement.
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability as the lead Product Owner/Business Analyst on at least 2 large custom-developed applications, including responsibility for Product Launch, Project Management, and Business Consultant tasks.
- Advanced analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills with the ability to translate complex concepts between business and technical groups.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills used to build client relationships and lead a cross-functional development team to deliver a product.
- Demonstrated use of Agile methodologies.
- Advanced skills using the MS Office suite and process modeling tools (e.g., Visio).
- Bachelor's degree CIS, MIS, BBA or equivalent work experience.
- Media or Ad Sales experience preferred.
- Scrum certification a plus.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- 2018 Best Company forDads
- Anin-house learning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS