CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Spring 2020 Intern - CNN Southeast BureauLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 172716BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
- CNN's Atlanta Bureau: We are news gatherers who are tasked with finding unique content for our various CNN platforms throughout the Southeast. *Respond to and cover breaking news for all CNN Networks and platforms 24/7. *Research, pitch and write original stories for CNN.
- Work alongside correspondents and producers in story research.
- Curate social media, develop regional contacts while making calls on breaking news throughout the region.
- Support field teams with inhouse production.
- Field producing opportunities.
- Travel assignments for large breaking news events is possible. (note: you could spend long periods of time in the elements - i.e. extreme heat/cold, rain, etc). Occasionally write digital wire stories.
- You will have a front row seat as history unfolds before your eyes.
- Be Aggressive.
- Social media savvy.
- Professional phone manner.
- Strong code of ethics.
- Positive attitude.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong desire to work in the field and learn journalism from some of the best in the business.
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Part of theWarnerMediafamily of powerhouse brands
Spring 2020 program dates are January 13th through April 3rd. Interns are paid a competitive-wage based on location and relocation is not provided. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS