CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Spring 2020 Intern - CNN International DeskLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 172875BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
- CNN International is the largest international news network. CNN international interns will get an opportunity to view the inner workings of one of the leading news network in the world. Journalists cover a wide range of subjects including terrorism, politics, business, social issues and trends. CNN International has an opportunity to experience, learn, and be exposed to the newsgathering cycle. It will be a great opportunity to strengthen your research and communication skills while providing an opportunity to contribute to shows and participate in futures meetings.
- Interns will observe and assist with workflow at the international desk on all shifts during our 24/7 operation
- Interns will have the opportunity to "shadow" other units and departments within the CNN family who interact with the international desk
- Interns may also assist associate producers, tape editor, assignment editors, and producers
- Intern schedules vary and may include week and weekend work
- Students must provide a resume and cover letter –
- Students MUST be enrolled in school during the time of the internship
- Students must have completed their sophomore year in college prior to the start of the internship
- Student should have a strong academic record (3.0 or above is strongly preferred)
- Interest in international news and newsgathering; multi-lingual is not a must but would be an asset
- Knowledge of or experience in basic journalism techniques, standards and ethics.
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Note to international students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to the beginning of the internship if accepted to the program. Please note that due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis. Future semester internship postings will be available after the current semester positions have closed.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS