CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Spring 2020 Intern - CNN Digital PhotosLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 172501BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN!Follow us onInstagram,TwitterandFacebook.
What does our department do?
- Oversee the application of still imagery across all CNN Digital platforms (homepage, mobile web, app).
- Provide single images and/or galleries for stories, illustrations, special projects.
- Image research for departments across CNN Digital
- Hire photographers for breaking news, enterprise and feature stories.
- Establish and maintain relationships with photographers and agencies across the globe.
What will you be doing?
- Working side-by-side with the CNN Photos team as we provide images and galleries for all CNN Digital platforms on a daily basis
- Deep archival research across over 20 photo agencies.
- Pitch ideas for photo features
What do we need from you?
- A keen eye for photo editing
- Ability to keep up with the fast pace of daily, breaking news
- Creative problem solving
- Sound understanding of communications law and the importance of licensing images
- Experience with Photoshop, PhotoMechanic are preferred
- Skills in content management systems are not required but preferred.
- College students with Web Portfolio that demonstrates skill level and effective communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Must demonstrate the following: Teamwork, industry knowledge (photography and journalism), desire to learn, and creativity majoring in photography/journalism with a minor or some experience editing photography, journalism, media communication preferred.
What's so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Spring 2020 program dates are January 13ththrough April 10th.
- Interns are paid at or above minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
- Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
- Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
- Note to International Students: All international students will be required to provide documentation of proper visa paperwork prior to your arrival if accepted to the program.
- Due to the high volume of candidates for Turner's Internship Program, interested students are encouraged to apply for openings as soon as possible, as these positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
- Competitive candidates are typically contacted after internships are no longer posted on the website.
- Future semester Internship postings will become available after the prior semester internships are no longer posted on the website.
WarnerMedia and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS