CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Spring 2020 Intern - CNN ClimateLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 172715BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
- The CNN Weather department serves the weather and science needs for all the CNN platforms. We provide on-air, and digital weather and science coverage for CNN, CNNI, HLN, CNN.com and Turner Private Networks to name a few.
Students would work with both domestic and international weather, as well as our digital platforms, and will have the opportunity to:
- Participate in the production of on-air weather content.
- Research weather and science related stories, and provide information to on-air talent.
- Learn weather graphics software, and build elements for on-air use.
- Have the ability to record a demo reel.
- Help create online content for use by CNN.com and other CNN online platforms.
- Participate in breaking weather and other related breaking news stories.
- Students should be at least junior level in Meteorology or Atmospheric Sciences at an accredited University.
- The ideal candidate would be interested in pursuing a career in Broadcast Meteorology.
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
- Part of theWarnerMediafamily of powerhouse brands
Spring 2020 program dates are January 13th through April 3rd. Interns are paid a competitive-wage based on location and relocation is not provided. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS