CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Spring 2019 Intern- CNN Library (Multiple Openings)Location Atlanta, United States Job ID 166108BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
What does our department do?
The CNN Library provides editorial research and content systems support to CNN Worldwide networks and platforms. Please indicate on your cover letter if you're applying for content systems or editorial research, or would like a shot at either internship.
What will you be doing?
- The editorial research intern will apply their crazy-good investigative research skills to navigate a variety of subscription-based databases, traditional reference sources, and the internet. - They'll spend time on our info reference desk, providing research to CNN news staff worldwide in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and will help produce and maintain editorial research materials to meet the needs of news production.
- The taxonomy intern will work with the CNN Library's Content Systems team on projects involving taxonomies and ontology development, and text-based classification. - You will be the human intelligence behind a system for classifying news content. Your love of language and organizational concepts will serve you well in this internship.
- Enrolled in an ALA-accredited master's program in library science, information science or archive studies.
- Possess a keen interest in journalism and the news industry.
- A self-starter who can work independently and creatively, and readily adapt to an ever-changing work environment.
- Superior organizational skills, sublime attention to detail, and excellent current events awareness.
- Stellar written and verbal communication skills.
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS