You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
Spring 2017 - Machine Learning - Technology Intern - AtlantaLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 155017BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What will you be doing?
- Will be part of a talented team of engineers that are tasked with taking Turner's infrastructure to the cloud.
- Run various experiments to discover new and interesting ways to leverage ML at Turner.
- Diving deep into the various cloud-based ML offerings such as Google's Cloud ML and Vision API, Tensorflow, Amazon ML, and Microsoft's Cortana Intelligence Suite.
- Build and present various prototypes to your fellow team members and other technical team members at Turner.
What do we require from you?
- Students enrolled in a program for machine learning, computer science, statistics, or a related field.
- Solid Machine Learning background and familiar with standard speech and machine learning techniques.
- Superb analytical and quantitative skills, along with a healthy streak of creativity.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research utilizing large data sets.
- Passion for seeing research through from initial conception to eventual application.
- Strong scientific programming in Python, R, scikit-learn, or Matlab.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 20 hours a week.
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.