CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Software Application Developer - CNN.comLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 160158BR Apply Now
What part will you play?
As a Software Application Developer, you will be a part of an exciting technology team that is a part of a cross functional group that work on the technologies which power CNN.com. This is an exciting role for someone who is passionate about technology, who can thrive in a fast-paced organization, and who has a can-do attitude.
What will you be doing?
- Full stack web development: Analysis, development, testing, debugging, documenting, and peer reviews.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team: Developers, product managers, web masters, user experience designers, and project managers.
- Perform tasks in accordance with industry best practices and specific internal procedures and standards.
- For each task, understand what needs to be done, why, by when and define the quality standards needed. Understand how success is measured for the work being executed. Confirm understanding with tech lead.
- Code should not have business logic bugs or performance bugs and should be written to ease maintenance.
- Seek and meet any deployment deadline (taking into account the review process, QA and any deployment blackouts).
Work with tech lead and project manager to identify tasks that need intermediate milestones and proactively give updates.
What do we require from you?
- 4 + years Web Development experience.
- 2-4 years of experience with advanced UI frameworks like React (preferred) or Angular.
- 2-4 years of experience with NodeJS.
- 2-4 years of experience with MongoDB or other non-relational databases.
- Functional experience with distributed source control 'Git', continuous integration, and automated testing.
- Knowledge of Docker.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer.
- 2017 LinkedIn Top Company
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers.
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career.
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS.