CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Social Media Producer, CNN en EspañolLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 161396BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
The Social Media Producer (SMP) is a multiplatform integration lead responsible for helping drive social news and audience engagement to the various CNNE shows and digital platforms, as well as executing on-air content across social and digital platforms.
What will you be doing?
- The SMP reports directly to the Cross-Platform Supervisor. The SMP operates from a point of creative oversight, being truly integrated between the social, digital and TV platforms. This role is focused on developing social newsgathering, audience engagement, content creation strategies for the various CNNE show brands and developing/facilitating relationships with internal and external partners. The SMP's role is part strategic, part creative, and highly tactical. S/he must drive/follow best practices across social media account management, digital video posts, and writing/producing for digital. As CNNE increasingly focuses on social media, the SMP is a critical role in the success of the business.
- S/he is a gatekeeper for digital and social media and will be evaluated for helping show brands build daily contributions to on-air and online success. Success will be measured in terms of: page views, unique users and video views on cnnespanol.com, social metrics across platforms (e.g., number of Facebook followers, referrers, shares), quality of writing across platforms, and the ability to seek out/execute new ideas from social to TV. Duties:
- The SMP will develop two-screen experiences and social activity around the show (e.g., manage Facebook, Twitter, and other social accounts, initiate and manage chats) with defined goals around followers, shares, referrals, and user engagement. S/he will work with teams to edit and post the best, most viral, irresistible show clips and monitor strategies to maximize video views, content sharing and tune-in.
- S/he will lead the show team for social newsgathering in breaking news situations, train show teams to manage live audience interaction during show production through conversation across all of the show's accounts and expand the network's creation of multi-platform stories and franchises from social media headlines and trends.
- The SMP will empower the different show staff to create more engaging and viral content from Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit and other social outlets. S/he will ensure social accounts are timely, scheduling updates throughout days/weekends.
- The SMP is responsible for traffic tracking and growth. S/he will manage all digital contributions from the show teams and provide coaching, training and support as needed. The SMP will work with internal and external partners, including PR to generate awareness of show clips and create referrals to cnnespanol.com and drive show awareness. S/he will master all elements of digital media production including content management system, Photoshop, image sources, flip cam, video editing, etc. S/he will actively participate in show and channel editorial daily meetings to help guide social media strategies
What do we need from you?
- Fluency in English and Spanish required.
- At least four years' experience writing/producing news or pop culture/lifestyle content for major digital destinations.
- Deep experience and interest in using social media as a newsgathering and audience engagement tool
- At least two years producing experience (line/segment/AP) on a local or national level
- Strong skills in packaging video for online distribution, awareness of what makes for "viral" content. Proven track record of creating engaging content (written, video, social) that drives traffic.
- Sharp, fast writer with ability to deliver fresh voice and irresistible headlines.
- Passion for pop culture, digital media, and television.
- Experience and tireless commitment to leveraging social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter to drive audience engagement, traffic.
- Strong news judgment and experience handling S&P considerations.
- Demonstrated creativity and an inquisitive mind - experience developing and launching new editorial features/franchises.
- Ability to work well/communicate with multiple stakeholders, including program talent.
- Must demonstrate creativity, initiative, teamwork, organizational skills, strong verbal, visual and written communication skills, strong technological skills and have an innovative approach to problem-solving.
- Proficiency in Photoshop is a plus, as is familiarity with professional Web publishing tools and online multimedia production.
- Desired experience includes multimedia reporting, including shooting video and still photographs and recording audio.
- Undergraduate degree required.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.