Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Senior Writer/ProducerLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 171466BR Apply Now
The Senior Writer/Producer will write and produce promotional messaging for CNN's media platforms. This position contributes to the strategic direction, creating targeted concepts and scripts in a variety of styles, pitching to senior management and clients, working with graphic artists on design direction, collecting video assists, budgeting/planning for shoots, arranging for voice talent and coordinating with production manager and scheduling on all production, edit and scheduling requirements.
* Solely conceive, write and produce integrated campaigns, promos, and promotional messaging for major network initiatives, shows, website initiatives, sales and corporate events, presentations, and programming for all of CNN's media platforms. Plan and develop several campaigns/approaches for each project.
* Execute highly creative concept development, budget costs, seek proper approvals and hit all deadlines.
* Pitch and/or deliver presentations to senior management and clients/ assigned shows or talent.
* Be able to handle a small shoot and work with group leader inside a large shoot.
* Develop and maintain complete awareness of all team projects in order to back up group of band leaders. Mentor and guide junior team members through assignments. Act as a team resource, jumping in to handle any overflow for group leaders
* Rough-cut (edit) promo spots, manage extensive media files and be proficient on a Final Cut Pro system. Handle shooting / basic camera work for promotional elements on an as needed basis.
* Accurate and timely delivery of completed work to Traffic. Revision and re-delivery of spots if necessary. Media Manage all projects whether on tape or in digital form. Keep accurate records of work (script logging and music sources).
* BA or BS with focus on Mass Communications, Advertising, Journalism or Marketing, or demonstrable extensive work experience in television on-air promotion field
* Minimum 7 years progressive television production/marketing experience
* 5 years creative and/or television promo writing * 100% bilingual (English and Spanish)
* Strong communication and management skills * Thorough knowledge of national and world events
* Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, especially Premiere Pro editing with expertise in post-production capabilities preferred
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS