Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Senior Web Developer - NCAA.com & PGA.comLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 160159BR Apply Now
What part will you play?
This position is split between the NCAA.com and PGA.com web development teams. The developer will spend 6 months devoted to NCAA, then pivot to spend the next 6 months devoted to PGA. This position is mostly focused on development and support for PGA and NCAA tentpole events (PGA Champs and March Madness, respectively). Both sites are built on Drupal 8 with a variety of front-end frameworks (React, Backbone, etc.)
What will you be doing?
- Code - develop dynamic and data-driven solutions for web and digital platforms.
- Participate in the analysis, definition, and scoping of work.
- Work with internal departments to provide associated deliverables.
- Develop (both backend and frontend components), test, integrate, document, and deploy in accordance to Turner development standards.
- Write clear, documented, and explainable code.
- Consistently meet or exceed deadlines on projects.
- Lead - be active in project ideation and design.
- Contribute to task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules .
- Research new technologies to provide ideas to the team.
- Be able to step in and assist other developers when necessary.
- Maintain - assist in operational maintenance, update code where necessary, provide on-call support as assigned.
- Full stack development - 5 years in web development required.
- Concentration in either client-side or server-side development, but you will need to be able to work on both sides of the development fence.
- Experience with responsive web design.
- Strong PHP development skills.
- Experience with Drupal 8 or other object-oriented PHP framework.
- Must be familiar with the principles of OO-based Web Development.
- Git - experience with git merging, branching and pull requests is required.
- Experience with GitFlow or similar workflows is handy but not required.
- Familiarity with the command line - ability to perform tasks (git, drush, etc) without the aid of a GUI.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer.
- 2017 LinkedIn Top Company
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers.
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career.
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS.