Turner Sports leads the industry in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. With innovative digital strategies and go-big partnerships, the division delivers the brands and names, teams and games that fans crave. The properties that make up Turner Sports are highly competitive, top-rated and critically acclaimed – and so are the people who work here.
Senior Technical Product Manager, NBA DigitalLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 167731BR Apply Now
We are part of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more!
See what it’s like to work here! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
This Is Why We Play! NBA Digital is where sports and technology fuse to deliver the best game experience anywhere, anytime. Be part of a team whose passion and commitment for sports is reflected in our products and process. Here at NBA Digital, we manage and operate a large portfolio of digital sports products for the National Basketball Association (NBA), including NBA.com, NBA apps on mobile and connected devices, NBA League Pass, and NBA TV.
As part of the Technical Product Management team, the Senior Technical Product Manager will focus on multi-platform tech strategy for NBA Digital products. You and your team will be technology evangelists for the NBA app on mobile and connected/OTT platforms: Android, iOS, tvOS,Amazon, Chromecast, tvOS, Roku, Playstation, xBox, and smart TVs. Your objective is to define holistic technology solutions for sustainable product features with solid technical architecture, efficient implementations, and robust API/SDK integrations. Your team will work with platform/feature Product Managers, Developers, and QA Testers to translate product requirements into technical specs, while championing the right technical strategies both across platforms (wide view) and within each platform (deep view within app).
- Oversee technical architecture and implementation approaches for projects and support issues.
- Translate product requirements into technical specs for UI elements, app components, and content/data integrations.
- Make technical recommendations for new feature work and third-party SDKs to assess feasibility and risks.
- Create a technology roadmap for future capabilities, per business needs and new platform/device features.
- Lead cross-platform testing for functionality checks, flexible configuration needs, and app crashes/errors.
- Manage team to guide solution architecture frameworks across 12+ mobile and connected platforms.
- Mentor and coach team to grow technical expertise and soft skills.
The ideal candidate is an experienced Development or Engineering manager ready to pivot to product strategy, keeping the fan experience top of mind while solving problems with technology. This role requires strong domain knowledge with live video streaming, real-time sports data updates, ads, analytics, as well as intricate knowledge of device and OS frameworks for mobile and connected platforms.
- 3+ years of leadership experience with managing teams of technologists
- 5+ years of experience with platforms: Android/iOS, smart TVs, digital media players, game consoles
- 2+ years of experience with live streaming video (HLS) and CSAI/SSAI ad insertion
- Experience building native apps from concept to requirements, implementation to rollout
- Experience with API/SDK integrations and cached/real-time data retrieval
- Knowledge of platform app stores, device triage, and device testing mechanisms
- Can manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-houselearning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS