Turner Sports leads the industry in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. With innovative digital strategies and go-big partnerships, the division delivers the brands and names, teams and games that fans crave. The properties that make up Turner Sports are highly competitive, top-rated and critically acclaimed – and so are the people who work here.
Senior Technical Product Manager- Catch SportsLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 159713BR Apply Now
Join the new Catch Sports team at Turner Sports. We are looking to change the way sports fans access and engage with live events. Our app recently launched, is currently live on several platforms and we’re planning to expand its capabilities and features, while bringing live sporting events directly into the product. We are seeking candidates that are extremely passionate about sports and technology and eager to build and launch new products and services for fans in an entrepreneurial environment. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
The Sr. Technical Product Manager will lead the development, integration and management of all backend and technology solutions for Catch Sports. The role will also serve as a technology lead for the product and business team, assessing feasibility and reducing risk in order to build best-in-class technology solutions and products.
What will you be doing?
- Lead technology architecture and data feed integration within all Catch Sports products to ensure optimal performance and stability.
- Manage SDK implementations and integrations into Catch Sports products, assessing feasibility, risk, mitigation strategies and technical requirements. Collaborate with cross-functional teams including, ads, analytics, video, social media, etc.
- Manage technical requirements phase for all products, working closely with mobile development vendors and internal technology teams. Collaborate, educate and improve understanding with all technical teams, translating product requirements into technical plan.
- Administer product simulations and rehearsals. Assist in managing live video integration and distribution processes.
- Identify and evaluate new device and smart home integrations opportunities to improve the capabilities of the Catch Sports app
- Find innovative, effective technology partners who help provide solutions for the Catch Sports
What do we require from you?
- Minimum of five years of product development and/or management experience with online and mobile products.
- Experience with all phases of the product development lifecycle including design, implementation, debug, verification, validation and transfer to production.
- Proven experience with assessment, development, and deployment of digital products in environments using web and data services including: OBJ-C, JAVA, RUBY, ANGULAR, CSS, HTML, HTML5, REALM, JSON, SWIFT, POSTGRESQL, etc.
- Experience and demonstrable knowledge with video streaming technology, database and data feed architecture, push notification, registration and authentication technology, analytics technology, ad serving technology and payment systems.
- Experience in leading the development of mobile applications on Android and iOS platforms
- BA/BS in related field or equivalent experience
- While not a responsibility of this role, some web, app or database development/engineering experience is preferred.
But wait, there’s more!
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.