Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Senior Systems EngineerLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 158538BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
The Sr. Systems Engineer will help with on going operations and support of the CDN delivery for Turner Brands as they launch new direct to consumer initiatives.
What will you be doing?
- Work collaboratively with globally distributed project and operational teams to ensure consistent approaches to Content Delivery
- Serve as the subject matter expert for CDN Management, Configuration and Operations Identify, analyze, coordinate, and resolve environment and infrastructure needs
- Architect and implement metrics required to increase transparency in the delivery workflow
- Provide user training and troubleshooting for CDN configuration and management by DevOps teams
- Prepare and present briefings on solutions tailored to varying levels of technical expertise
- Update job knowledge by studying start-of-the-art DevOps tools, CI/CD/CM trends, CDN Industry trends, Video Encoding Trends and best practices with an eye toward improving existing solutions
What do we require from you?
- Minimum 3 year of technical experience in Video Encoding and Delivery
- Minimum 3 year of technical experience in DevOps engineering environment
- Familiarity with HLS, DASH, RTMP and various other streaming video technologies
- Working knowledge of Network Engineering, OSI Model, BGP, DNS
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration
- Excellent detail-oriented organizational and communications skills
- Familiarity with Akamai, Fastly, Level3 Detail-oriented, quick learner with the ability to multi-task
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.