Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Senior Systems EngineerLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 171721BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
Turner is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer who is intelligent and sharp; eager to learn new things; moves at a fast but methodical pace; and enjoys a challenge for our growing Infrastructure team. The ideal candidate will be a go getter who is able to lead large projects as well as help solve the small problems that may arise. This position requires high creativity and motivation with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes.
- Lead projects with minimal supervision, displaying strong follow-through and initiative.
- Create fresh and new ways to present materials, using live hands on computer training, training videos, participatory training environment, online lessons, etc.
- Understanding and integrating multiple technologies together with use of API subsystems.
- Be part of the team that designs, implements and manages Turner infrastructure that encompasses, but not limited to, storage, virtualization, compute, automation, and operating systems.
- Direct and perform all necessary audits and maintenance activity to ensure service levels are sustained, and that systems are optimized and not compromised.
- Develop and maintain system documentation, including diagrams, Standard Operating Procedures and work instructions.
- Perform after hours support duties to sustain networking systems and service levels.24/7/365
- Coordinate projects with other departments and external organizations.
- The position includes developing and testing new products, troubleshooting complex system issues, interpreting work orders to program various systems, and resolving escalated issues.
- 10+ Years of system administration experience
- 5+ Years of systems engineering experience
- 5+ Years of managing, supporting, and engineering Windows AND Linux environments
- 5+ Years of managing, supporting, and engineering VMWare ESXi and vSphere environment
- Nutanix experience is highly preferred
- Solid fundamental knowledge of IP networking such as, but not limited to, switches, routers, and firewalls
- Experience with various IP services such as DNS, NTP, FTP, and HTTP
- Must have detail-oriented skills used to manage complex systems; excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, presentation, and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple environments
- Provide on-call support and remote troubleshooting
- Work off-hours occasionally, sometimes on short notice
- Travel occasionally for training or to support other Turner sites
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company forWorking Mothers
- 2018 Best Company forDads
- Anin-house learning and development teamto help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS