Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Senior Systems EngineerLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 168462BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of Warner Media along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
Tech at Turner
45 years ago, we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe. Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at Turner, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including, Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, FilmStruck, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, Super Deluxe, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports – which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League.
You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
This is a Senior Systems Engineer which requires high creativity and motivation with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes. Be part of the team that designs, implements and manages Turner infrastructure that encompasses, but not limited to, storage, virtualization, compute, automation, and operating systems.
- Lead projects with minimal supervision, displaying strong follow-through and initiative.
- Direct and perform all necessary audits and maintenance activity to ensure service levels are sustained, and that systems are optimized and not compromised.
- Develop and maintain system documentation, including diagrams, Standard Operating Procedures and work instructions.
- Perform after hours support duties to sustain networking systems and service levels -.
- Coordinate projects with other departments and external organizations.
- The position includes developing and testing new products, troubleshooting complex system issues, interpreting work orders to program various systems, and resolving escalated issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10+ Years of system administration experience
- 5+ Years of systems engineering experience
- 5+ Years of managing, supporting, and engineering Windows AND Linux environments
- 5+ Years of managing, supporting, and engineering VMWare ESXi and vSphere environments. o Nutanix experience is a HUGE plus
- Solid fundamental knowledge of IP networking such as, but not limited to, switches, routers, and firewalls
- Must have detail-oriented skills used to manage complex systems; excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, presentation, and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple environments
- Provide on-call support and remote troubleshooting
- Work off-hours occasionally, sometimes on short notice
- Travel occasionally for training or to support other Turner sites
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Warner Media family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS