CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Senior Systems EngineerLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 166943BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of Warner Media along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
, Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, FilmStruck, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, Super Deluxe, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports
You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
The Application Operations team configures, builds, deploys and monitors applications for Turner’s digital brands. We are looking for a Senior System Engineer who will be responsible for building, supporting and monitoring mission critical applications while ensuring the highest levels of performance, availability, security and compliance. The ideal candidate will be sharp and eager to learn new things, moves at a fast but methodical pace, enjoys a challenge, is able to lead large projects and help solve any issues that may arise. Work off-hours occasionally, sometimes on short notice.
- Configuring applications installed on Linux (Nginx, Apache, Tomcat, etc.)
- Troubleshooting application build and deployment issues in CI/CD toolsets
- Remediating security vulnerabilities
- Migrating services to AWS
- Monitoring digital applications and infrastructure (Nagios, Catchpoint, Circonus, New Relic, Datadog, Zabbix or similar tools)
- Lead projects with minimal supervision, displaying strong follow-through and initiative.
- Interacting with APIs
- Develop and maintain support documentation, including diagrams, standard operating procedures and work instructions.
- Coordinate projects with other departments and external service providers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10+ Years of system administration experience
- 5+ Years of managing, supporting, and engineering applications installed on Linux
- Experience with various IP services such as DNS, NTP, FTP, and HTTP
- Familiarity with DevOps best practices and methodologies
- AWS / Cloud technologies (Docker, EC2, S3, IAM, VPC, Cloud Watch, Route 53, etc)
- Must have detail-oriented skills used to manage complex systems; excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, presentation, and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple environments
- Provide on-call support and remote troubleshooting
- Work off-hours occasionally, sometimes on short notice
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-houselearning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Warner Media family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS