Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Senior Systems Engineer- Application Operations TeamLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 157095BR Apply Now
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
The Application Operations team configures, builds, deploys and monitors applications for Turner’s digital brands (cnn.com, cartoonnetwork.com, adultswim.com, tbs.com, etc.). The Senior Systems Engineer role will be responsible for building and supporting mission critical applications while ensuring the highest levels of performance, availability and security. The Senior Systems Engineer will have high visibility with customers and must ensure customer satisfaction by achieving and surpassing project goals.
What will you be doing?
- The ideal candidate will be subject matter expert in network architecture, configuration, troubleshooting, implementation and design.
- The selected candidate will lead major project initiatives leveraging expertise in routing and data center protocols, firewalls, security requirements and network infrastructure development.
- Configuring applications such as Nginx, Apache or Tomcat.
- Troubleshooting application build and deployment issues in Bamboo.
- Provisioning additional capacity.
- Remediating security vulnerabilities.
- Develops detailed engineering plan designs and standards by interacting with cross-functional peers.
- Audits and optimizes existing designs by demonstrating good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Provides technical support for complex activation, deployment, and maintenance activities and issues.
- Writes method of procedure documents and templates for internal and external execution.
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with network architects on network optimization
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access
- Migrating services to AWS
- Monitoring digital applications and infrastructure.
What do we require from you?
Qualified candidates will have extensive experience working with the following:
- Applications installed on Linux
- DevOps methodologies
- AWS / Cloud technologies (Docker, EC2, S3, IAM, VPC, Cloud Watch, Route 53, etc)
- Automation scripting such as Python, Perl, Python, or Bash
- Monitoring (Nagios, Catchpoint, New Relic, Datadog, Zabbix or similar tools)
But wait, there’s more!
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.