Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Senior Software EngineerLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 170356BR Apply Now
The Business Technology Services (BTS) team within the Media Technology & Information Services (MTIS) group at WarnerMedia is responsible for the building and support of vital technology solutions supporting the acquisition, planning, scheduling, processing, and distribution of HBO content. Our mission is to provide rock solid operations while defining and executing on the future business technology landscape leveraging Cloud and DevOpsSec.
We’re looking for a self-motivated, technically curious engineer to be a part of our technical team dedicated to the enhancement of systems focused on our Digital Library of Photos and the Strategic Planning of Content. The individual will be involved in detailed technical designs, development and implementation of applications with a cloud-first (AWS) and Design For No Support mindset utilizing CI/CD practices. You will be joining one of our highly skilled, cross-functional teams helping them plan, design and shape responsive cloud-based solutions; build and maintain scalable applications; bind our front and back end services together; and monitor, test and continuously optimize your designs. With your help the team will ensure that our customer’s experience is the very best it can be.
WHO YOU ARE: You deliver results quickly with iteration, instead of waiting for perfection, and you actively solicit feedback. You seek to constantly improve your knowledge of existing technologies and explore new ones. You create code that is simple to understand and maintain, and you take pride in its quality. You seek to share knowledge with others openly, broadly, and deliberately. You can balance between existing code bases in production and new developments that build on top of it. You care about Agile/DevOpsSec software processes, data-informed design, and responsible experimentation. You thrive working alongside other technically curious and driven engineers to help our organization grow and deliver business-centric solutions.
- Work with other developers and engineering teams to build the next generation of workflows for managing HBO’s Digital Library of photos, and Strategic Planning of Content
- Develop code to meet business needs and ensure the applications we build are meeting high standards of quality and supportability
- Partner with architects and technical leads to design and build robust services using a micro-service based approach
- Contribute to architectural design decisions as well as create lower-level design documents
- Develop technical knowledge and skills while evolving the overall technical maturity of the team.
- 5+ Years Java development experience with the latest server and UI technology stacks such as Java 1.8+, SpringBoot, Angular, NodeJS, React, etc.
- 5+ years working in an Agile/DevOpsSec model
- Experience writing cloud deployed applications using Amazon Web Services or equivalent
- Strong working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases such as Oracle and Mongo
- Test automation experience – Groovy, Spock, TDD, testing pyramid
- Strong working knowledge and/or experience with enterprise integration patterns and technologies such as REST, JMS, etc
- Working knowledge of development tools such as GIT/Subversion, Jenkins, Bamboo etc
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical experience required.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Drive to master emerging technologies across disciplines and share experience with team members.
- Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Solid foundation in troubleshooting technical integration issues across various platforms
- Ability to create and foster a positive and energetic influence in the department.
- Previous technical experience in the media/entertainment industry is preferred
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS