Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Senior Software EngineerLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 170357BR Apply Now
The Media Software Engineering team at HBO enable the media workflows using creative and pragmatic technology solutions. We are a software engineering group that develops and supports applications and workflows that ingest media assets as they show up at our doors and run it through the media supply chain by processing, managing, transforming and delivering the assets to all HBO affiliates and partners.
We are a fundamental part of HBO’s innovation and success and realizing our mission requires a staff of highly motivated and technically flexible software professionals across a variety of disciplines: development, program management, test, and design. We are hiring people to build a team that can create engaging, high-quality solutions, platforms and interactive experiences.
We are looking for a highly skilled individual who takes pride in bringing high-quality code quickly to market, enjoys learning and applying new technologies, and thrives in a dynamic engineering-oriented work environment. You will work with file and asset management systems and develop diverse solutions to interact and manage these systems, integrating them into our workflows using the latest technologies.
- Design and develop architecturally sound applications for digital media workflow and automation solutions as well as implement and integrate third-party software packages.
- Partner with project managers and other engineering teams to understand requirements, evaluate and recommend strategic solutions.
- Help plan, initiate, and effect changes to the future-state architecture and technical stack of applications.
- Research digital media standards and file-formats to guide future media engineering decisions and system design.
- Provide support to linear/On Demand/derivative systems, with occasional 24/7 availability rotating among other group members.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other equivalent technical degree.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer with a strong knowledge of Java. NodeJs and scripting languages a plus.
- Expertise in implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems on AWS using EC2, ECS, and Lambda.
- Hands-on experience in implementing microservices, RESTful APIs, and event driven architectures.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiarity with video containers and codecs used in broadcast and streaming technologies a plus.
- Experience with DevOps is a plus.
- Development tools such as GIT/Subversion, Maven, JUnit, Bamboo, and JIRA
- Position requires after-hours support.
- Drive to master emerging technologies and share experience with team members.
- Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Solid foundation in troubleshooting application and data issues.
- Ability to understand goals, strategies, and needs of the business as they relate to application development.
- Ability to be a self-starter and to multitask.
- Ability to fit into an agile development environment and create a positive influence.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS