Turner Sports leads the industry in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. With innovative digital strategies and go-big partnerships, the division delivers the brands and names, teams and games that fans crave. The properties that make up Turner Sports are highly competitive, top-rated and critically acclaimed – and so are the people who work here.
Senior Director, Data Strategy - Turner SportsLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 168224BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, tbs, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports, truTV and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? www.turner.com
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
The Vision of the Data Strategy and Insights department is to expand Turner Sports' use of data and insights to enhance our ability to deliver great fan experiences, strengthen the core business and support new revenue streams. The Sr. Director, Data Strategy will report to the SVP of Data Strategy and Insights and will be a peer of the VP of Insights. They will evaluate, prioritize, define and lead major data strategy initiatives. Internally, this role will also work heavily with corporate data strategy and insights teams to develop engagement model and corresponding prioritization process for the convergence of division and corporate roadmaps.
- Provide Strategy and foresight for data strategy solutions and services across Turner Sports
- Manage matrixed resources
- Evaluate, prioritize, define and lead major initiatives
- Partner with insights team to inform potential projects
- Consider and guide efficient solutions
- Partner with corporate data product and platforms team
- Lead project discovery process to evaluate scope and value
- Collaborate across functions and divisions
- 7+ years of experience overseeing strategy, analytics or business intelligence function
- 3+ years working with data/analytics/insights
- 3+ years of direct staff management experience
- Strong cross-functional management skills within matrixed organization
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Partner service orientation
- Strong ability to translate business needs to technology solutions
- Masters or PhD in Business, Statistics or related field a plus
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS