Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Senior Director - CNN - Newsource SalesLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 171350BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN Newsource Across the country, throughout every news cycle and on all platforms, CNN Newsource helps local news providers tell their stories. As the most widely distributed syndicated news service, CNN Newsource offers our clients breaking news content, comprehensive live coverage, daily topical packages, monetized digital video solutions and more. Our team has a truly special culture centered on helping our local news affiliates succeed in their markets. Learn more about us at cnnnewsource.com.
Senior Director, Sales & Affiliate Relations o This role has a dual responsibility for both new business generation and account service. In essence, you will grow net new revenue, while also keeping your existing client base happy and using the service regularly. This is a highly consultative selling role, where you will serve as an expert for your clients, bringing a thorough understanding of CNN products and services and how each client might apply those services to their unique organizations, technology platforms and workflows.
- You will be the clients' go-to resource for their news service needs.
- Pitch CNN Newsource content, products and services to prospective new clients and existing clients (cross-selling).
- Your client base will include local TV stations, digital news providers, newspapers and other local news organizations within a specific territory in the United States and Canada.
- Create strong professional relationships with key decision-makers and influencers at all affiliates and potential affiliates within territory.
- Foster clear communication, trust and credibility with clients.
- Manage client relations when questions or issues surface regarding the obligations in an affiliate agreement.
- Renew core deals in your territory at an increase and meet goals for new revenue as assigned.
- Conduct ongoing education programs and seminars with affiliate staff at all levels to ensure full knowledge and satisfaction with CNN services.
- Assess and develop emerging opportunities in the marketplace, weighing in on new product, technology, content and marketing opportunities based upon client feedback you receive.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of broadcast news, digital news or syndication sales background preferred.
- Previous consultative sales experience managing complex deals and long sales cycles required.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, works well in an unstructured and sometimes fluid environment.
- Ability to travel approximately 60% to visit affiliates in your footprint and represent the division at key industry events as required.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS