WarnerMedia's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Senior Devops DeveloperLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 174618BR Apply Now
Business Unit Overview
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The Senior Devops Developer is a key member of the HBO.com team. This team builds and maintains the web properties associated with HBO and Cinemax as well as their vast portfolio of show and marketing supporting websites.
The Senior Devops Developer works as a vital member of a Scrum team, applying practical experience in the key disciplines of software engineering (object-oriented design and programming, functional programming, configuration management, testing, etc.) to deliver incremental but complete pieces of business value to stakeholders.
A Senior Developer not only demonstrates the skills and knowledge of a seasoned programmer but also displays strong understanding around software design principles.
The Senior Developer on the team displays the drive for learning and understanding programming paradigms beyond one particular programming language, toolset, or cloud platform.
- Demonstrable excellent design skills and the related strengths in clearly articulating difficult technical concepts and information.
- Capable of working in a collaborative team environment, including providing technical leadership for new emerging technologies and mentoring developers.
- Can critically evaluate code as a method of learning, and knows when and how to safely refactor code/artifacts.
- Release management of enterprise-class system cloud infrastructure, infrastructure as code, code and artifacts, build/deployment management, integrating with existing enterprise and vendor systems.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (examples include Scrum or Kanban) required.
- Must demonstrate considerable enthusiasm for the practices that allow for continuous deployment and incremental delivery of business value.
- Deep experience with and knowledge of cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Deep experience with infrastructure as code implementation tools such as HashiCorp Terraform, Amazon CloudFormation, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of CI/CD toolsets such as Jenkins, CircleCI, Azure DevOps, Amazon CI/CD toolset, etc.
- Deep experience with containerized environments using Docker.
- Experience and knowledge of container orchestration toolsets.
- Deep experience working in a Linux command line environment.
- BS in Computer Science or related field preferred or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five years of software development experience, with a strong focus on infrastructure and application deployment.
- A minimum of three years devops experience building modern infrastructure on medium to large-scale, "mission critical" "high availability" production systems that directly support essential business, and technical, or operational functions.
- Experience in devops technologies such as Docker, AWS, CI/CD toolsets, etc.
- Experience with DevOps practices and tools, especially with Infrastructure as Code and managing clean, re-usable templates and implementations.
- Experience with web servers (Apache, Nginx, etc), CDNs (Akamai, Fastly, CloudFront, etc),
- Experience with serverless environments is a plus.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS