Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Senior Business Analyst, Performance EngineeringLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 161306BR Apply Now
This is our story:
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
What part will you play?
As a Performance Engineer/Analyst, you will be a member of the world class CNN Digital Product Team which is responsible for creating industry-leading digital products enjoyed by millions of news consumers across the globe.
The Engineer/Analyst will:
- Assist in transforming how the organization views, measures, and articulates technical performance, providing functional leadership by proactive analysis and employing critical thinking skills toward our digital products to recommend process improvements.- Leverage measurement tools to proactively identify performance issues, escalate issues, and partner with development teams to communicate performance issues.
- Provide critical analysis of performance data across digital products-Generate performance reports/dashboards and communicate findings to development teams, product teams, and CNN Executives
- Support multiple projects aimed at reviewing, analyzing, and communicating our products performance while contributing to CNN Worldwide's business goals.
What will you be doing?
- Contribute and drive insights/actions to improve digital experiences by leveraging a variety of tools including AppDynamics (RUM), Rigor (Synthetic monitoring), Catchpoint (Synthetic monitoring), Apteligent (formerly Crittercism), and other measurement tools
- Work with key stakeholders across the organization to determine a core set of measures to assess digital performance and the objectives the core measures will address.
- Support and develop measurement strategies for key performance indicators, and monitor existing properties to ensure all tracking and data-collection works properly; tracking and reporting KPIs using simple, clear reporting and custom dashboards for a range of stakeholders from highly technical to executive-level.
- Partner with product management, development, business development, editorial, design and third party stakeholders to gather business requirements and constraints as relates to performance, document actions taken; establish the process and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Directs (1) and mentors other product operations team members, drives an increased understanding of performance, and supports the project or product manager.
- Develop best practices.
- Respond to ad hoc metrics-related queries from across the organization as necessary.
What do we require from you?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Statistics, Business, or equivalent education/training/experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a performance engineer in a digital environment.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully perform the various aspects of the engineer role across multiple, complex system implementations with custom and third-party applications.
- Developed a portfolio/understanding of technological analytical tools as an integral part of day-to-day operations.
- Soasta mPulse, APM tools, Synthetic monitoring, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.
- Software/Web/Mobile development in the following technologies - node.js, React, API's, cloud architecture, microservices - experience preferred.
- An understanding of RUM (Real User Monitoring), Synthetic Monitoring, Web analytics, tag management system, SEO and display advertising.
- Advanced communications skills (written/verbal), with emphasis on demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts between business and technical groups.
- Drive and passion to make a difference in the organization.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer.
- 2017 LinkedIn Top Company
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers.
- An in-house learning and development teamto help shape and grow your career.
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS.