CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Senior Assignment EditorLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 164960BR Apply Now
This position is responsible for managing assignments for the CNN Digital News Desk, a breaking news and enterprise team of writers and editors who cover domestic and international news topics for CNN's digital platforms.
- Responsible for the big picture, long range planning of editorial content ▪Global oversight on assignments
- Manage special projects/assignments
- Conceptualize, create, develop, manage and edit content focused on a user-driven strategy that understands the nuances of packaging content for the web, mobile web, social and apps
- Determines the editorial "voice" ensuring that they meet, or it meets, the overall editorial direction set for the site(s)
- Guides the development of stories from start to finish
- Reviews and improves stories to ensure coverage is thorough and competitive ▪Achieves established editorial goals and deadlines and mentors others to do the same
- Allocates available resources to meet objectives
- Interacts with direct reports and peers in management/customers/vendors to share information and improve cross-departmental processes
- Develops and maintains relationships with editorial and creative talent as well as own sources Directly manages a team; assigns work, provide guidance and handles people aspects such as recruitment, performance management, development, etc.
- Typically has 8 or more years of progressively complex related experience
- College Degree or equivalent industry experience
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS