CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Senior Analyst Analytics & InsightsLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 169161BR Apply Now
This is our story We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
CNN is seeking a resourceful analytics oriented Senior Analyst who will be instrumental in fostering a culture of data informed decision-making. This individual should be self-motivated, work well independently and as part of a team, and be passionate about what he or she does.
The Sr. Analyst will create analytic solutions, onboard new data sets and breakdown audience for the digital business.
*Location: Atlanta or New York
- Evaluate existing and develop new metrics, reports, and dashboards for internal audiences; apply both quantitative disciplines and creativity to translate data into actionable insights through data visualization
- Daily Reporting – Run daily health monitoring reports and proactively follow up with appropriate teams when data is outside of established thresholds
- Weekly Reporting – Generate data for the Business Ops and International meetings, GBS weekly summary, and XF team dashboards (including Business, Politics, OTT, and Watch)
- Define and validate data by working with business partners to ensure data quality and alignment with company-wide data logic/naming conventions
- Work with internal or external data partners to process, organize, and connect various data sources, ranging from ad server data, audience analytics data, performance marketing data, third-party revenue, off-platform revenue, etc.
- Develop a deep understanding of the data and the ability to determine the difference between actual performance issues and data integrity errors
- Experience in data/analytics or related field
- Advanced Excel
- Development experience with one of the BI tools (e.g. Looker, Domo, QlikView/QlikSense, Tableau, etc.)
- Familiarity with SQL, Amazon Web Services (S3, EC2, Redshift, etc.), database, table design, joins, data aggregation, data validation, etc.
- Knowledge and/or experience with providing data requirements while working with structured and unstructured data sets
- Effective communicator and collaborator
- Strong data visualization skills
- Intermediate statistical knowledge
- Logical thinker who is able to identify, articulate, and resolve data related issues
- A self-starter who is passionate about getting data, using data, making sense of data, and helping others benefit from making analytics driven decisions
- BA/BS degree in Math/Stats, Computer Science, Engineering, or other related quantitative field
- Experience with digital media data, either web or mobile
- Experience with writing Python and R scripts
- Experience with data integration or ETL processing related projects
- Experience with using Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Parquet, or other Big Data storing/processing/computing systems
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS