Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Security Tools Engineering ManagerLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 160084BR Apply Now
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
Are you a Unix and scripting Ninja? The Security Tools Engineering Manager oversees a team that will help to identify, deploy and maintain the suite of tools utilized within the Turner Information Security Office. This individual will collaborate with the Security Architecture and Counter Threat Unit to ensure our tools are properly deployed and the policies are maintained.
What will you be doing?
- Oversee the security tool ecosystem utilized by the Information Security Office
- Accountable to integrate the tools across the Information Security Office
- Responsible for ensuring that tools are properly deployed and monitored/maintained within the Turner environment
- Responsible for ensuring security content reviewed, tested and properly deployed to the tool suite
- Responsible for working with vendors to troubleshoot and resolve system issues
- Responsible for performance tuning of security solutions
- Responsible to oversee the development of any custom built solutions
- Performing device access management
- Assist in the selection process for new solutions
- Maintain documentation on tool inventory and configuration
- Ability to script/code (e.g. Bash, Python, Perl) required; this is a critical skillset to this role
- 7+ years of Security technology experience and/or Systems Administration
- Prior management or leadership experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of Windows and Linux
- Strong understanding of enterprise networking
- Understanding of cloud architecture and deployment strategies
- Familiarity with a variety of security tools (IDS/IPS, HIPS, SIEM, Vuln Mgmt, TIP, IMS, etc.)
- Strong problem solving capability
- Strong written and verbal skills
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.