CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Research Librarian - CNN - LibraryLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 168687BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
The Research Librarian is part of a dynamic 11-person team that provides editorial information and investigative research for all platforms across CNN Worldwide. Delivers deadline-driven, complex research to meet demands of editorial staff throughout CNN.
- Produces and maintains editorial research materials that can be accessed quickly to meet the needs of news production, and that can be used on-air or published directly to our digital sites.
- Contributes to the discovery and development of editorial information research tools and technologies.
- Works with CNN Worldwide client groups on longer investigative pieces and on data visualizations projects for our digital properties.
- Acts proactively during breaking news situations by compiling relevant research for use across all platforms as well as seeking out research needs across all groups.
- Master's degree in Library or Information Science.
- Several years of providing research in a corporate, academic, or legal setting required, and experience in a news, broadcast or media production setting strongly desired.
- Expert knowledge of primary source material, as well as subject specific databases and secondary aggregators such as LexisNexis and Factiva.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment critical; project management or team leadership experience is desirable.
- Ability to remain focused under extreme deadline pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Effective written and verbal communication and client service skills.
- Excellent knowledge of current events, keen editorial judgment and experience with spreadsheets, databases, and data interpretation and analysis skills.
- As CNN is a 24x7 news operation, our schedules require evening, weekend and overnight shifts, so flexibility is a must.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS