Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Quality Assurance Manager - CNN DigitalLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 164146BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We create premium content and deliver exceptional experiences to fans whenever and wherever they consume content. From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
What part will you play?
The QA Automation Manager provides technical guidance and leadership in the area of manual and automation quality assurance. The successful QA Manager will be a QA subject matter expert bringing 8+ years of QA best practices to our organization. The QA Manager will be obsessed with quality improvement, experienced and highly committed to creating and maintaining automation for regression and feature testing, able to develop and drive a high-level test strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy.
What will you be doing?
- Provide "Hands-On" Quality Assurance Leadership & solution Consulting in creating and implementing an effective QA Program having an effective QA Methodology with a Strategic Client Partnership for various Commerce Platforms for B2B and B2C Strategies
- Effectively structure, plan and provide quality advocacy guidance & support to Onshore & Offshore QA Leads and Analysts to ensure internal and client-facing artifacts are of the highest quality throughout the project life cycle
- Define and drive a Manual Test Strategy in applicable areas across our digital platforms.
- Define Automation test strategy, creation of automation frameworks, and automation scripting for both internal facing applications/tools (CMS, API's, etc.) and all customer facing digital platforms.
- Perform & provide guidance & mentoring on Functional Testing, Black Box Testing, Data Driven Testing, System Testing and Regression Testing, Integration Testing and Supporting User Acceptance Testing
- Provide QA estimations & resource staffing allocation based on team level scope and associated deliverables in an Agile methodology
- Continuous oversight & evaluation of QA standards, technologies, and approach based on various digital Platform strategies
- Provide continuous risk assessment and implement risk mitigation plans
- Subject Matter Expert for the QA Domain of custom software development products on digital platforms
- Participate in initiative kick-off's by representing the QA workstream and communicating the QA methodology
- Manage, recruit, train and encourage skill and career growth development in parallel with ongoing mentorship with the goal to retain a high-performing QA staff
- Work with cross functional team to understand the business and technical requirements of applications
- Review, provide feedback, and approve team Test Strategy deliverables
- Formally present Test Strategy to client executives and business stakeholders
- Manage the test delivery and quality deliverables for efforts across the digital portfolio
- Define, present, and maintain the defect management process
- Define, present, and maintain QA Reporting /dashboards
- Augment test strategies as timelines get crunched and challenges negatively affect the QA program
- Facilitate difficult conversations pertaining to testing quality issues with stakeholders and the team to drive closure of issues
- Analyze the defect report and give suggestions about decreasing the defects counts
- Recommend testing tools based on needs
- Provide technical oversight, tools strategy/usage/adoption, ensuring technical quality of the solution
- Analyze the requirements & create the plan for test script creation and review process and execution plan for medium to large sized team
- Enforce that the team is adhering to defect lifecycle standards
- Use efficient test execution techniques to achieve best results
- Ability to collaborate with multiple teams simultaneously.
- Experience in writing user stories
- Overseeing the development and execution of test plans and monitoring and reporting on test execution
- Responsible for managing an onshore/offshore team of quality engineering professionals to ensure the highest quality solution delivery
What do we require from you?
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in quality assurance preferably in custom software development on digital platforms.
- 2+ years of expertise in QA leadership as a lead or manager
- 4+ years expertise in automation testing / framework implementation in an Agile Scrum environment
- QA subject matter expert
- Knowledge of QA best practice concepts and methodology
- Hands-on manager who can create QA Processes and ensure it performs to quality standards
- Strong people management skills, with a proven ability to hire and grow talent
- Proven experience providing risk management and risk mitigation to large scale QA programs
- Good team player and ability to work independently in time sensitive environment.
- Excellent Analytical, Problem solving Skills, Communication and Documentation Skills.
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve and enhance processes and methodologies
- Comfortable communicating and working cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
- Extensive experience with open-source test automation frameworks and tools
- Developed Automation Test Scripts for functional and regression testing of applications
- Strong organizational skills, ability to track multiple test executions simultaneously and ability to synthesize the results
- Development and implementation of Automation frameworks
- Android and IOS mobile application testing
- Experience in writing Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Scripts for Client-Server and Web-based applications both in Manual and Automated Testing modes
- Hands on Experience in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), requirements analysis, test case execution and defect tracking and management
- Build and Execute Automation Data Driven Test Scripts for functional and regression testing of Web and Mobile applications
- Experience with OTT applications such as Roku, TVOS, Fire, and Android TV
- Proven Hands On Experience On The Following: Selenium - SoapUI - Charles Web proxy Tool - SQL - Appium
But wait, there’s more!See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS