Turner Sports leads the industry in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. With innovative digital strategies and go-big partnerships, the division delivers the brands and names, teams and games that fans crave. The properties that make up Turner Sports are highly competitive, top-rated and critically acclaimed – and so are the people who work here.
Project Manager, Operations - March Madness LiveLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 166211BR Apply Now
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, tbs, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
The NCAA Digital team home to a group of smart people with different backgrounds and unique interests who are dedicated to creating the best experience for our audience. We want to deepen the way college sports fans connect with their teams and the game they love to watch. Our digital products are built on ideas and dependent upon the people behind them. A culture that doesn't just respect creativity but embraces it. Our team fosters a collaborative environment with spaces dedicated to small chats, big thinking and impromptu group sessions. We encourage everyone to get together over new ideas with no fear. That’s how we keep our creative advantage and consistently deliver innovative work.
NCAA Digital builds and operates all digital experiences supporting NCAA college sports. This includes NCAA.com, the NCAA Sports App, and the award-winning March Madness Live suite of products. If you've ever watched March Madness on something other than a TV, it was almost certainly March Madness Live. You will be the glue on a diverse and talented NCAA Digital development team-holding everyone accountable to the overarching project goal. You will lead teams by driving their focus where it's required in an agile scrum environment. People will come to you to ask where the team is and where the team needs to be. You will listen to the needs of the team and help drive improvements in how we work together. Finally, you will drive your project to completion on-time. They call it March Madness for a reason. April is too late!
The Day to Day
- Project managing full life-cycle product development from concept to delivery
- Assembling highly effective teams across a matrixed environment that includes product management, development, marketing, ad sales, and more
- Preparing and executing Event Operations plans for high profile events such as March Madness Live
- Improving how we work in an agile manner-suggesting and implementing working improvements iteratively for the team
- Maintaining open and constant communication among internal team, external stakeholders, and management regarding project status
- Identifying and managing project risks
- Administering JIRA/Confluence online documentation
- Contributing to project financial reporting including budgeting, forecasting, and estimating
- 2+ years prior project management experience
- 2+ years working on ad-supported digital products (web, app, or emerging devices)
- 1+ years’ experience using agile methodologies, such as Scrum or Kanban
- Demonstrated success in leading the delivery of product features through solid project management
- Proven ability to work under deadlines in website-related projects and meeting organizational goals
- Must have strong teamwork skills
- Solid project communication skills with ability to translate complex concepts between business customers and technical project team
- Ability to multi-task, manage priorities and mentor/direct others
- Desire to work in Sports industry
- Knowledge of internet architecture / user interface / web design a plus
- Experience working in fixed-date software development projects preferred
- Experience working in development integration projects also preferred
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-houselearning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS