CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Production Assistant (Temporary)Location Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 171797BR Apply Now
Business Unit Overview
This is our story We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
The temporary Production Assistant will be responsible supporting the process of surfacing news video content to all of CNN's digital platforms. Production Assistants for video will be trained to find compelling web video, pitch content to the editorial team, and learn about how data drives the digital business. PA's work with the whole of CNN.com's editorial operation in Atlanta, New York, London, and Hong Kong.
- Cut and publish video content on CNN.com and across all associated digital platforms using Turner Content Management System. This includes creating high quality images, headlines, and descriptions for video and placement on the CNN.com
- Work closely with the various CNN Newsgathering operations and show teams to identify the best and most relevant video content
- Utilize in-house and non-CNN resources to publish content that resonates with the CNN Digital audience, while adhering to CNN Standards and Practices and Legal guidance
- Actively pitch content ideas to the editorial team and provide feedback to team members in a collaborative group setting
- Work with Producers and Associate Producers to help ensure CNN.com Video is in sync with the overall editorial and content direction of the CNN brand
- Work with Producers and Associate Producers to help program the CNN.com main page, stories, sections fronts, Video Experience, mobile feeds, and other digital platforms
- Assist with CNN digital live stream delivery by working with CNN Newsgathering and CNN.com editorial staff during live events, as well as writing accurate headlines and descriptions for these events
- Four Year College Degree
- Working knowledge of Final Cut Pro or similar editing system
- Excellent communication skills with solid news judgment and strong headline writing skills
- Basic news writing and video editing skills
- A Familiarity with Web video and social media sites
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid news judgment
- Creativity/strong headline-writing skills
- Conveys spirit of teamwork
- Ability to execute during breaking news situations
- Positive attitude (eager, energetic, team-oriented)
- Flexibility (Can deal with rapid changes in news, adapt to breaking news, and handle several tasks at once)
- Visual and presentation aptitude
- Must be able to work within and adapt to a 24h/7 days a week news environment
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS