Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Product OwnerLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 167728BR Apply Now
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
META is the group behind the content production systems that are being used daily by our global news gathering operation. Our focus is to give our news partners the tools they need to tell each and every story our viewers see on every device. The META product team is focused on being responsive to the needs of the business and providing them with the award winning applications that allow them to find, record, edit, and archive content. We are looking for Product Owners that share a passion for news and video distribution. By joining our team, you will have a hand in CNN’s daily operation, so if that’s interesting to you, please apply!
The Product Owner plays a critical role in managing software development using Agile best practices. This role is responsible for understanding the needs of Turner's video and editorial management objectives, and translating those needs into a deep, well written and groomed backlog. As member of Turner BEST's Product Development Team, the Product Owner will play a significant role in identifying the vision of an application or system of applications centered on the acquisition, manipulation and delivery of file-based media. This person will be responsible for executing the project one iteration at a time until the objectives business needs are met. This is a highly visible role, in that, the Product Owner will interact with end users, as well as executive management to communicate the status and features of a project at any given time. Adheres to Agile/Scrum methodologies, which consist of planning iterative cycles (sprints) with the software development team, garnering commitment as well as tracking the team's velocity, and steering the project to ensure delivery of business value
The Product Owner owns numerous and various points of the iterative cycle to include:
- Facilitates requirement gathering with development teams, architects, customers and executive management to capture requirements in the form of user stories
- Manages software development backlog to ensure that the highest priorities are at the top of the backlog, and each story is well defined and analyzed before a development team begins work
- Facilitates Sprint Planning where the Product Owner and development teams meet to review and plan the highest priority stories for the next iterative cycle
- Facilitates frequent workshops with end users to gather requirements and validate the vision
- Works with end users directly to identify, understand and document their workflows (problems) then identify innovative solutions
- Facilitates an end-of-sprint review with end users and project teams to demonstrate the project's completed user stories, solicit feedback, and get validation for the next iteration's focus
- Work with management team to ensure the project is completed within scope, on budget and on time
- Manages flow of information to training group to ensure training is factually accurate
- During user acceptance testing, works closely with the transition and development teams to ensure issues are resolved and system can be launched in a timely manner
- Interfaces with engineering and support teams post-launch to ensure system is working as designed, and brings issues to the development team
- Assists with managing vendors to ensure delivered applications integrate seamlessly into Turner Broadcasting's existing environments by identifying dependencies and communicating about status vendor's integration
- 2+ years experience with Agile (Scrum, Kanban, etc…)
- 3+ years experience business analysis
- Experience with video production & distribution a plus
- Enterprise application experience
- Excellent presentation skills
- Customer management
- Must be able to identify and mitigate risk through sound judgment
- Ability to work in fast paced, high pressure environment
- Familiar with "Lean Start-Up" methods of development
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS