CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Product Manager, VideoLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 167099BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
This is our story
You will be a member of the world-class CNN Digital Product Team which is responsible for creating industry-leading digital products enjoyed by millions of consumers across the globe.
We are seeking a video-focused visionary and innovative Technical Product Manager to drive the end-to-end technology services for video delivering. We are looking for someone who can drive the evolution of our video products and services for live and VOD content which power CNN Digital's consumer platforms. This person will work closely with internal, Turner-wide, and external partners to identify new video initiatives, define multi-platforms solutions, and ensure our video technologies are stable and efficient.
The Product Manager will be part of a wider group that is responsible for all the platforms and services that power the CNN Digital consumer products, and specifically part of a cross-functional team composed by engineers, designers, editors, and researchers who focus on the whole video value-chain.
- Embrace our agile development environment and be a collaborative team member of its cross-functional team and externals partners.
- Translate video product goals into roadmaps covering the full video delivery chain, from production to backend, and encode to distribution.
- Drive video workflow optimizations, focusing on efficiency, data integrity, speed, and reliability.
- Drive the creation of new video capabilities to help the growth of our consumer platforms.
- Drive the video value-chain conversations to ensure a streamlined and coordinated approach for video across different teams.
- Collaborate and influence the evolution of Turner-wide video platforms and capabilities.
- Evaluate internal and third-party integration opportunities to enhance our video platforms.
- Be the subject matter expert (SME) for video delivery.
- Stay in tune with digital media industry trends, to advise on best practices for encoding, pipelining, and monitoring to make recommendations for the product roadmap.
- Lead sprint planning, manage feature prioritization and identify delivery dependencies.
- Communicate status, blockers, risks, mitigation strategies to your next level manager and all partner teams as needed.
- Coordinate and manage activities related to product launch.
- Track and manage the performance of launched products.
- Understand the performance of your product against stated objectives and goals.
- Foster and create a culture of accountability, integrity, teamwork and open communication across all partner teams that are part of the product development and delivery life-cycle.
- 3+ years of experience managing backend video workflows that power consumer products and/or building consumer-facing, multi-platform, multi-media digital products.
- Strong knowledge of the full digital video tech stack: players, protocols, encoding, packaging, content delivery, and platform support.
- Knowledge of video encoding (H.264, MPEG-4, AAC), video packaging and streaming (HLS, DASH), CDN delivery, cloud infrastructure, and DRM solutions.
- Knowledge of dynamic ad insertion (DAI) for stream ad stitching, including CSAI, SSAI, SCTE-35, and VAST/VPAID standards.
- Ability to articulate product ideas or features through story-boarding.
- Functional understanding of technologies and the role they play in the delivery of digital consumer news products.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with multiple internal and external stakeholders to deliver your product.
- Ability to think strategically and to translate ideas into actions.
- Communicates clearly and effectively in face-to-face conversations, group meetings, emails, and documentation.
- Takes full ownership of complex projects, breaking these down into actionable plans for multiple stakeholder teams.
- Affinity with news is a plus.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS