Turner Sports leads the industry in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. With innovative digital strategies and go-big partnerships, the division delivers the brands and names, teams and games that fans crave. The properties that make up Turner Sports are highly competitive, top-rated and critically acclaimed – and so are the people who work here.
Product Manager, Turner Sports NCAALocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 173832BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
The NCAA Digital team home to a group of smart people with different backgrounds and unique interests who are dedicated to creating the best experience for our audience. We want to deepen the way college sports fans connect with their teams and the game they love to watch. Our digital products are built on ideas and dependent upon the people behind them. A culture that doesn't just respect creativity but embraces it. Our team fosters a collaborative environment with spaces dedicated to small chats, big thinking and impromptu group sessions. We encourage everyone to get together over new ideas with no fear. That’s how we keep our creative advantage and consistently deliver innovative work.
The Product Manager is a multi-disciplined, cross-functional manager that will help lead the definition, launch and evolution of products for the NCAA Digital business unit. This position will focus on web platforms (desktop and mobile) across NCAA and March Madness Live Products (NCAA.com & NCAA.com/march-madness-live). This role will own products through the full lifecycle and is responsible for collaborating with operations, technology, creative, ads, analytics, research, marketing, sales and other functional teams. Product assignments are subject to change year-to-year, so product managers who have a well-rounded, multiplatform background are preferred.
- PRODUCT STRATEGY Contribute to overall product strategy for your portfolio of platforms taking into account industry trends, internal research, metrics and fan feedback. Must be willing to learn about various businesses and industries including the NCAA, media/tv industry, app development and sports as a whole. Proven knowledge of one or more platforms best practices and interface guidelines.
- PRODUCT ROADMAP Propose product roadmaps based on fan input, strategy and research. The roadmap consists of product features, technical upgrades, operational fixes and requires a strong working knowledge of platform best practices. Working with development teams to get estimates.
- PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT & TESTING Manage relationships with third-party development partners and/or internal development teams for your product portfolio. Builds relationships with matrixed functional teams at WarnerMedia. This includes writing requirements and testing plans. Responsible for all development ticketing in JIRA and resolution of features and bugs. Input into operational plans maintained by operations team.
- PRODUCT GUILDS Participate and possibly oversee guilds that span the full NCAA and March Madness programs to ensure complex features and implementations are executed at high quality. For example, push notifications, search, ads, analytics, etc.
- PRODUCT OPERATIONS Participate in the operations of all products during key events including March Madness Tournament. Willingness to jump in and help wherever needed when asked to ensure the success of the event.
- PRESENTATIONS & COMMUNICATIONS Present and communicate product plans, status and recap for various meetings keeping matrixed functional groups up to date on product portfolio. Occasional presentations to executive leadership and other events.
- Minimum of three years of digital product management experience, preferably on web platforms.
- Experience building, implementing and maintaining software applications for platforms like web, mobile web, handset and tablet.
- Experience bringing products and platforms to market for large scale audiences.
- Experience with all stages of the product lifecycle.
- Ability to present to varied audiences.
- Team player and willingness to work with all disciplines and groups to ensure success.
- An affinity for sports
- Experience launching products on multiple platforms.
- Experience with fantasy games or mobile gaming.
- Some experience managing budgets.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS