CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Planning Producer- CNN - Newsroom Weekday 9amLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 175525BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented <br>storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, <br>DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.<br><br><br><br><br>Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises.
Business Unit Overview
We are CNN. THE WORLD’S MOST ESSENTIAL AND ENGAGING SOURCE OF DIGITAL NEWS. We are in the midst of rapid transformation and need you to help us find the next generation of innovators, makers, and dreamers who will lead and drive our growth. We aim to make the world a better, more connected place. Join us!
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The Planning Producer, with executive producer guidance, prepares the rundown of news stories, oversees and executes the production of key video and graphic elements. The Planning Producer makes important editorial decisions and guides talent, writers, associate producers and the technical team in the control room. Additionally, the planning producer must be able to build segments and develop story ideas from beginning to air. This includes editorial discussions, writing scripts, package production, graphics elements and field coordination.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience producing live news shows
- Four-year college degree or equivalent in proven industry experience
- Applicant must be editorially mature with solid knowledge of national and international news and be able to create an in-depth, visually exciting newscast
- Must be a strong leader in the control room and be able to calmly handle breaking news situations
- Must be an effective team leader with strong people management skills
- Excellent writing skills-style, language, accuracy, organization, balance
- Ability to produce quality work quickly
- Knowledge of iNews and Mediasource is helpful
- This position will likely fill a variety of schedules, including overnight hours and the individual chosen is required to be extremely flexible
- Flexibility-ability to adapt during breaking news, ability to adapt to program or anchor style
- Attitude- must be eager, cooperative, energetic, team-oriented
- Self-starter- ability to enterprise ideas and work well independently, with little supervision
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS