Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Photo Editor, Turner Brand ExperienceLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 169734BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
The photo editor works with the creative director and the senior photo editor to create, define and execute the photo strategy on projects across the WarnerMedia portfolio of networks, brands and corporate initiatives. A photo editor uses a very specialized skill set, and a wealth of expertise to answer the imagery needs of clients.
- Responsible for managing photographic assets by ensuring that the best and most appropriate photography is produced and curated to support these clients and their business needs.
- The photo editor is responsible for not only selecting the best images but for overseeing talent approvals, retouching and post-production of the images and for making sure the delivery of these assets is within stated deadlines.
- Responsible for working with clients on site/shoot to give direction to photographers, set up shots if needed and handle shoot delivery.
- A photo editor is an invaluable creative/strategic partner to our main clients in Public Relations, Corporate Communications, Print/On-air Marketing and Social Media primarily use the photographic assets produced by this department.
- The photo editor also collaborates and partners with the internal photography team including, the creative director, staff and freelance photographers, staff producers, project managers, graphic designers and retouchers.
- Editing is needed on a wide variety of photographic styles - from high- end gallery shoots, unit photography taken during the production of shows, to sports, news, corporate and live events.
- Must possess a strong knowledge of photography including lighting, technique and photographers and the ability to suggest the right photographer for the assignment.
- College degree with an emphasis in photography or similar field.
- 2+ years of experience in or exposure to the photo industry.
- Proficient working on MAC and PC platforms.
- Experience using Adobe Suite, Photo Mechanic, DF Studio and Keynote.
- The ability to curate, design and create stylish presentations of imagery is important.
- Must be able to travel to shoots, handle editing from live events to meet client needs, sometimes outside of our core business hours.
- Must be highly motivated, energetic and detail oriented; possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to perform under tight deadlines and coordinate multiple projects at the same time and to work autonomously.
- A sharp eye for detail and a visual “take” on projects is vital as is a love for cinema, television, music and pop culture.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS