Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
PeopleSoft HCM Senior Business Systems AnalystLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 166803BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
As a technologist at Turner, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including [adult swim], Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, FilmStruck, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, Super Deluxe, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports – which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League. You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans whenever and where ever they want it.
The Senior Business Systems Analyst provides guidance, leadership, and execution of business analysis and related project initiatives for the selection and development of custom and packaged HR applications. Typically works on multiple, technically complex, mission-critical, and/or high-profile projects.
- Work with project and customer management to facilitate communication between IT and business, including open issues, project prioritization, resolutions, and project requests.
- Facilitate cooperation and rationalization of unclear or conflicting goals, assist in identifying and communicating viable alternatives, and assist in the implementation of decisions.
- Using advanced business knowledge, proactively research requests for assistance and recommend software solutions or process improvements that will meet business needs.
- Identify implicit, unstated, or unrecognized business needs and assist client in determining if buy/build software, process reengineering, or other technology options may (or may not) be the most desirable solution.
- Facilitate the prioritization or feasibility of solutions and make recommendations to the client and management that will not only provide short-term success but support the accomplishment of long-term business goals.
- Provide guidance, task direction, and mentoring to other Analysts and assist with problem resolution across projects.
- Facilitate analysis meetings with customers to determine and prioritize business and system requirements for projects characterized by high-profile status, risk, and/or complexity.
- Document and analyze requirements (e.g. business system, security, conversion, and report), develop detailed data, functional design and document specifications, and assist with conversion, testing, training, and other project needs throughout the development life cycle.
- Perform walkthroughs and/or prototype demonstrations as needed Quality Assurance,
- Structure business requirements to facilitate test plan creation.
- Support development team and QA with testing activities and needs. Coordinate and participate in Power User Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Assist in the creation of application build schedules Other
- Communicate regularly with senior team members regarding task or project status and opportunities to improve service levels or business processes. Escalate issues as appropriate to ensure quality service levels.
- Other tasks and duties may be assigned.
- At least 5 years combined technical and functional business experience, with a minimum of 3 years Information Technology experience.
- Educational Requirements: BS in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience.
- Professional certification in business or IT preferred Competency Assessment.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully perform the various aspects of the Analyst role across multiple, complex system implementations with custom and third-party applications.
- Strong working knowledge of and implementation experience with PeopleSoft HCM core functionality.
- Demonstrated proactive customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide work direction and leadership to other team members
- Demonstrated basic project management skills.
- Advanced communications skills (written/verbal), with emphasis on demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts between business and technical groups.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage priorities, and mentor/direct others.
- Demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-houselearning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS