CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
News Editor, National Desk-ATLLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 175140BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
CNN National Desk News Editors initiate, propel, and facilitate the execution of stories for all CNN Platforms. The position is responsible for generating news leads via traditional and new media platforms, possessing good judgment to evaluate engaging stories shared via e-mail, telephone and social media, along with other facets of newsgathering.
- Generates news leads via traditional and new media platforms, possessing good judgment to evaluate engaging stories shared via e-mail, telephone and social media, along with other facets of newsgathering
- Foster relationships and works closely with platform partners, field personnel and executive teams to develop and execute high quality journalism
- Communicates with managers, bureaus and news teams keeping them abreast of developing story opportunities, breaking news and other changes
- Responsible for continuing to drive our coverage both on-air and online therefore must have a strong understanding of social media, vetting third party material and utilizing these and other social and digital resources in delivering the news to our viewers/readers
- Leverage the real-time internet for news and information leads
- 4-6 years of Newsroom experience or related news media field.
- Strong writing and research skills, proven editorial judgment
- Proficient in use of the web/internet, have strong social media newsgathering skills.
- Newsgathering experience in traditional and digital/social
- Undergraduate degree in journalism/related field or commensurate experience is required.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS