You provide the motivation, the will and the work ethic; we’ll provide the career opportunities and access you need to get going – think of it as a professional alley-oop. Work with us and we’ll put you in the thick of things, side-by-side with the best in entertainment, news and sports. Check for our current openings below.
Network Services - Tech Summer 2017 Intern - AtlantaLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 156358BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out at http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What does our department do?
- Lead cross divisional collaboration with the brands and various divisions to discover and implement processes that align brand strategies with operational effectiveness
- Partner with senior leadership to identify Key Performance Indicators and establish analytics that help drive strategic business decisions
- Provide data insights pertaining to operational performance across North America Technology & Operations (NAT&O) along with metrics relating to commercial inventory for Strategic Planning and Ad Sales
- Strategize with brands to identify high profile events to insure appropriate service level and awareness across NAT&O
- Conduct requested ad-hoc process or data analyses and provide support to various databases and reporting systems
What will you be doing?
- Review with our Business Analysts (BAs) the desired Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) identified for each functional area within NAT&O
- Work with subject matter experts to identify and document the data sources, tables and fields needed to access the data
- Review and understand the data structure model used in the creation of the Content Administration dashboard
- Work with subject matter experts and BAs to mirror the data structure model and visualization of the Content Administration dashboard and build dashboards for other functional teams
- Support the team with the necessary reporting needs
What do we require from you?
- Experience with data science and data analytics
- Understanding of business intelligence and process innovation
- Functional knowledge of QlikView desired
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to meet project timelines & deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- To be flexible & adaptable to change
- Strong analytical skills
- To be detail oriented
What’s so great about this internship?
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Internship dates are May 23, 2017 – August 4, 2017. All interns are expected to work 40 hours per week, and paid competitively based on location (relocation is not provided). Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.