CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
NDJ/Producer (Temporary)Location Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 171188BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
The Newsdesk Producer possesses all Newsdesk Researcher skills and also creates content to be used on all platforms - either in the field, on digital or on television
- Ensures content is relevant for a given platform, accurate and of quality and interest for the target audience.
- This role either shoots, edits, field produces and/or writes.
- The Newsdesk Producer is responsible for clearance and communication of all visual content and primarily interfaces with assigned teams in the field - particularly seniors.
- Provides guidance, direction, editorial and production support under direction from Senior News Editors.
- He/she ensures communication between teams in the field and all interested platforms is timely and accurate.
- The Newsdesk Producer may be expected to step up to Senior News Editor; may issue Row approved alerts to the network.
- Will perform production work as assigned.
- The Newsdesk Producer can be expected to fulfill the duties of the Newsdesk Researcher when appropriate.
- He/she is also required to work on the Live Production desk periodically and rotate on overnight shifts.
- 4 to 6 years' experience in news environment at a major network/local station.
- BA/BS in Journalism, Television-Film Production, Communications, or related discipline.
- Traditional newsgathering skills with previous news room experience as well as a keen sense of how to leverage social media in newsgathering.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment and handle fast paced and stressful situations.
- TV/digital writing experience preferred. Assignment Editor experience preferred.
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS