Turner Sports leads the industry in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. With innovative digital strategies and go-big partnerships, the division delivers the brands and names, teams and games that fans crave. The properties that make up Turner Sports are highly competitive, top-rated and critically acclaimed – and so are the people who work here.
NCAA Digital Postgraduate Internship - EditorialLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 177088BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
NCAA Digital oversees the operations, day-to-day production, marketing and sales of NCAA.com, the official website of the NCAA. In addition to NCAA.com, the NCAA Digital team oversees products for the Division I Men's Basketball Championship, including March Madness Live. NCAA Digital is part of Turner Sports, a division of WarnerMedia.
Turner Sports is seeking an energetic and versatile Postgraduate Editorial Intern for NCAA Digital.This is a great opportunity for candidates looking to gain experience in digital sports journalism as well as gain an expectation of what the day-to-day work is like.
- Write, edit and produce original content for NCAA Digital covering all 90 NCAA championships.
- Publish wire stories, press releases and weekly polls to generating your own original stories.
- Lure readers with effective headlines and teases for all delivery - desktop, mobile, newsletters or partners.
- Write quick daily "buzz" posts across a variety of subjects.
- Develop a strong understanding of social networking sites and how they can help us reach more readers as well as help develop stories.
- Cover NCAA Championships on site for the website and digital products.
- Four-year college degree from NCAA member institution. Former NCAA student-athletes are also strongly encouraged to apply.
- Strong college athletics knowledge with background in sports journalism.
- Extensive social media experience.
- Passion for sports and digital media.
- Excellent editing skills and knowledge of AP style.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Energetic and enthusiastic self-starter and risk-taker who enjoys working under pressure.
- It's also important that the candidate is versatile, collaborative, and able to adapt to the fast-changing digital landscape.
- Experience working for media organization or student web/print publication.
- Basic Photoshop and HTML skills a plus.
- Must be willing to work weekends and nights on a regular basis.
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are.
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands.
This internship is designed to provide real-work experience in the intern's desired professional field. This is an eleven-month, benefits-eligible paid program (August 3, 2020 through June 25, 2021). The deadline to apply is Friday, April 17.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS