Turner Sports leads the industry in the delivery of premium sports content across all multimedia screens. With innovative digital strategies and go-big partnerships, the division delivers the brands and names, teams and games that fans crave. The properties that make up Turner Sports are highly competitive, top-rated and critically acclaimed – and so are the people who work here.
NCAA Digital Postgraduate Intern - Marketing & PRLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 177094BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
NCAA Digital is part of Turner Sports, a division of WarnerMedia. NCAA Digital oversees the operations, day-to-day production, marketing and sales of NCAA.com, the official website of the NCAA. In addition to NCAA.com, the NCAA Digital team oversees products for the Division I Men's Basketball Championship, including March Madness Live.
Turner Sports' partnership with the NCAA encompasses products, content, and experiences across every possible platform - from iPhones to Facebook, and everything in between. Beyond March Madness, NCAA Digital covers 90 NCAA Championships for passionate college sports fans - including exciting events like the Frozen Four and College World Series.
The NCAA Digital Marketing and Public Relations departments take care of getting the message and the accomplishments of NCAA Digital out to the public in a variety of different ways, utilizing both traditional and social media.
We're looking for an exceptional Postgraduate Marketing & PR Intern excited about working in college sports and eager to learn the world of digital media.
- Provide support to the marketing, strategic insights and public relations teams. This will include assisting with:
- Development and execution of marketing and advertising plans.
- Development of creative requests, schedules, timing and deliverables.
- Preparing the company's daily media highlights report (press clips).
- Creating visually engaging graphics to be integrated with broader publicity campaigns.
- Managing databases, compiling game notes, developing newsletters, as well as drafting news releases, talent biographies, media lists and other strategic PR documents.
- Special projects as laid out by the Senior Director of Communications, along with being an active participant in weekly PR team meetings and serving as a liaison on various projects between the NCAA Digital Interns and the Turner Sports PR team.
- Research as needed.
- Four-year college degree from NCAA member institution. Former NCAA student-athletes are also strongly encouraged to apply.
- Strong knowledge of college athletics.
- Social media experience and a passion for media.
- Ability to work in a team environment with flexible work schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and organizational skills.
- Energetic and enthusiastic self-starter who performs nimbly and calmly under pressure.
- Able to handle last-minute or quick-turnaround deadlines.
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite programs and experience preparing presentation decks (e.g. PowerPoint) strongly desired.
- An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
- Networking opportunities to meet people that you’d like to know!
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands.
This internship is designed to provide real-work experience in the intern's desired professional field. This is an eleven-month, benefits-eligible paid program (August 3, 2020 through June 25, 2021). The deadline to apply is Friday, April 17.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS